At Nautilus, fitness isn’t just a job, it’s our passion. We strive to improve the health and wellbeing of everyone who works with us because we see the benefits of a happier, more productive, engaged and creative workforce. Our culture is one that promotes work life balance; offers continuing education on topics ranging from improving workplace skills to better financial security; and promotes the importance of getting involved and giving back to the community.
We're a leading marketer and developer of health and fitness products with some of the most recognized brands in the industry, including Nautilus®, Bowflex®, Octane Fitness®, Schwinn® Fitness and Universal®. We are currently recruiting for a Consumer Insights Analyst/Researcher to join our Product Development team.
Ever wanted to make the world a healthier and happier place? In this role you will work for a team that shares that desire. As a Consumer Insights Analyst/Researcher your role will be to gather and communicate consumer insights to business leaders, marketing professionals and product developers to inspire the creation of products and experiences that can do just that. Your list of responsibilities will range from strategic, quantitative surveys to in-home, qualitative interviewing. One day you might be writing a survey and another hearing a heartwarming story of a customer’s fitness journey while sitting on their couch. Effective communication will be key; data-driven storytelling to build confidence and evoke empathy, visual frameworks to effectively describe complex interactions and a strong understanding of product development will help make this happen. The perfect candidate will have the ability to run a variety of research programs, inspire others and deliver actionable insights that will lead to the development of the next hottest fitness product.
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative research for product development and marketing teams
- Work with UX designers and engineers to conduct usability testing of product interfaces
- Work independently to plan, facilitate, analyze and present research insights
- Moderate interviews, brainstorms and discussions to help the product development and marketing teams generate new ideas and identify research needs
- Conduct secondary research to inform research strategies and protocol development
- Present research findings in a confident, compelling and memorable way; sharing stores, creating graphics and editing video
- Employ research best practices and stay abreast to new methods
- Bachelor’s degree in a research-related field; Design or Marketing Research, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Factors or other applicable research field
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a research role
- Experience conducting usability testing, protocol and research tool development
- Experience with Adobe suite tools
- Quantitative skills in survey writing, analysis and proficiency in Excel, SPSS or other data analysis software
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively work within a team and collaborate with others
- A curiosity and passion to learn
In an addition to your resume, please include a list of research projects you have conducted, a short description of your role in the work and a couple examples of findings/visuals that were presented.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) match, ESPP, life & accident insurance, disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, wellness program, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and free use of our employee fitness center for yourself and spouse.
Nautilus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In demonstration of our commitment to a healthier lifestyle, we are proud to be a smoke-free campus.