Title: User Experience Researcher
Team: Product Team
Motional develops world class production-ready autonomous driving systems. Motional leverages Hyundai Motor Group’s design, engineering, and manufacturing expertise with proprietary autonomous driving solutions to commercialize an SAE Level 4 platform for robotaxi providers, fleet operators, and automotive manufacturers.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia.
About the position:
Motional is looking for a Contract User Researcher to help us deliver a user experience that is intuitive, comfortable, and that will develop trust for this state-of-the-art technology. You’ll apply a user-centered approach to give our product team a deep level understanding of our users – allowing us to prioritize and build the most meaningful solutions. In addition, you’ll support the planning and facilitation of user testing, in a fast paced agile environment. You’ll be a key member of our team, collaborating with cross-functional team members including a UX researcher, UX designers, design engineers, industrial designers and product managers. Future full time opportunities would be considered if things go well.
Please submit your resume, and at least 2 projects that best represents your capabilities, skills and interests as a qualitative researcher.
What you’ll do:
- Support user research efforts to increase understanding of user needs and desires
- Plan & conduct research to help the product team understand our users’ behaviors, needs, and goals - using a wide range of primary research methods such as field visits, ethnography, video diaries, etc.
- Conduct additional secondary research, run user surveys/other quantitative studies
- Support and facilitate user testing sessions
- Deliver detailed and actionable research findings, partnering closely with designers and product managers to gain clear buy in
- Help define how users will interact with the future of mobility!
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Anthropology, Social Sciences, or a related field
- A keen desire to understand how humans think and act. You enjoy meeting, interviewing, and observing users in their own environments.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience planning for, and leading, individual user testing sessions
- Ability to clearly communicate your findings, and justify recommendations to different levels within an organization, including senior management.
- 1-3 years of industry experience as a UX Researcher or similar role preferred
- Experience with user-centered design methodologies
- The ability to be flexible and inventive, using non-traditional approaches to research and user testing, given our product space
What we offer
- W2 Contractor position, with the possibility of full-time employment
- 8 week contract, with the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas off
- Start date: October 26, 2020
To apply, email email@example.com with your resume.