About the role:
As a Customer Insights Researcher, you will provide the Americas Life & Health Solutions team with critical market research for the development of a product to improve the availability, affordability, and accessibility of life insurance for immigrant communities in the Americas and globally. You will be responsible to provide research on the target market's migration patterns and remittance behavior, their socio-economic characteristics, cultural values and practices, and insurance knowledge and access. You will be expected to identify & interview key stakeholders within immigrant communities and among financial advisor groups currently selling insurance to immigrants. You will also be responsible to synthesize the information you provide with knowledge gained from the team and distribution around product design and regulatory issues. Based on your research, you will provide strategic recommendations to the team to enhance the product design and sale within immigrant communities in culturally relevant ways.
About the team:
The Americas Life & Health Solutions team is responsible for the origination, development, and commercialization of client-focused insurance solutions. We are drivers of growth and innovation in the life insurance industry. Our mission is to innovate and execute around awakened demand for life insurance. We are committed to improving the availability, affordability, and accessibility of insurance to underserved populations.
We offer a flexible work environment; working from home and in office collaboration possible (depending on your proximity to Swiss Re offices in Armonk, New York or Fort Wayne, Indiana). Some travel optional.
- Collaborating with the Solutions team and partners on co-development of an innovative insurance product for immigrant communities.
- Reviewing and synthesizing relevant migration research and data.
- Designing and conducting customer and agent interviews.
- Attending relevant meetings to understand product design, distribution, and regulatory considerations.
- Recommending product design approaches and sales strategy based on insights.
- Presenting research findings in a compelling way to highlight strategic opportunities.
You have subject matter expertise on immigrant communities and migration cultures in the U.S. You are also a skilled qualitative researcher with experience conducting interviews. You are curious by nature, passionate about understanding different perspectives, and uncovering the things other people may not notice. You are deeply customer centric and understand that there may be several people to consider in a complex value chain. You’re a team player, but also not afraid to challenge others in order to make the product the best that it can be. You are familiar with trends in technology, business, and society and love to think about their impact on the future, especially how those trends will shape consumers' expectations for interactions with product and service providers.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in immigration communities and migration cultures.
- Master's Degree or higher in Social Sciences, Anthropology, Sociology, Migration Studies, or related program.
- 1-3 years research experience synthesizing migration data, analyzing relevant literature, and conducting stakeholder interviews.
- Creative thinker who can work well independently or with a team.
- Strong communicator and storyteller – ability to clearly communicate data to a variety of audiences.
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?