About Stripe Partners
We help technology-led businesses invent better futures by creating products, services and business models that drive sustainable growth. Our heritage as a business is in the human sciences: applying the tools of anthropology, sociology and design to identify deep insights that unlock innovation opportunities. Our clients include some of the world’s most exciting tech-led businesses, such as Facebook, Spotify, Intel and Google.
About the Data Strategist role
An increasing proportion of our work is in the strategic innovation space, helping clients identify new markets and develop propositions from scratch. Within these projects our work often intersects with different forms of data: ethnographic, behavioural, survey, market and commercial. We often interact with client-side data scientists on projects, informing their analysis and models. We believe that the most effective innovation is developed through the combination and synthesis of these diverse data-types.
We are building our capacity for data analysis by hiring an ambitious, creative Data Strategist who has the experience to work across these diverse datasets.
- Build out and formalise Stripe Partners data analysis and strategy practice
- Identify opportunities across our projects to add value through data analysis and data-driven consulting, particularly in innovation projects, and including existing publicly available datasets, client behavioural datasets
- Productise these opportunities and sell them to our clients (as value adding to existing projects, or as stand alone)
- Lead the delivery of these products
- Train the team in data analysis and strategy skills
- In the future, hire a team of junior data strategists as our business in this area grows and become head of the team
- In the future, write “the book” on how to best integrate ethnographic and qualitative data with quantitative datasets to drive better innovation
You will have
- 4 years + experience working as a data analyst in a consumer technology or technology-lead business, or 4 years + experience working as a consultant in the field
- Substantial experience developing business recommendations using data (including strong data visualisation and storytelling)
- Substantial experience identifying, cleaning and analysing commercial and market datasets (both proprietary and from the open web)
- Informed the work of Data Scientists and predictive model development
- Worked alongside qualitative researchers and product designers
- Managed junior data analysts
- Developed new analysis processes and practices
- As a bonus: you will have experience designing, running and analysing large scale quant-surveys
How to apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line: Data Strategist
In your email, let us know why you’re interested in the role and Stripe Partners.
We strongly encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. The more diverse perspectives on our team, the more we can help our clients understand people’s worlds.
Let us know in your application if you have any accessibility requirements during the interview. We’re happy to arrange interviews outside of work hours if you have caring responsibilities or other circumstances that affect your availability.
Please be aware that you will need the right to live/work in the UK to be considered for this role.
The role will stay open until we find the right person to join our team. We’ll assess applications on a rolling weekly basis. We reply to everyone who applies.