Would you like to work for a global team with a startup culture and all the resources of a large organization? Are you looking for an opportunity to drive innovation across Microsoft Services? Do you enjoy solving complex problems for customers? Want to join one of the fastest growing teams at Microsoft? Then the Advanced Services Delivery (ASD) team is where you want to be.
The ASD team builds support, learning, and assessment solutions for Microsoft's largest business and enterprise customers. Our platform and services are changing the way our customers interact with Microsoft and we’re looking for creative and passionate design researcher to join our team.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please email Therese Okraku (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Rajendra Deokar (email@example.com).
You’re a researcher who loves to learn and solve problems for our customers. You’ve worked on multiple similar projects already and you’re looking for an opportunity to use research to help an agile product team test their assumptions and build better products.
You see research as an opportunity to help teams decide what features to build, determine how to build them, and evaluate their performance. You’re an advocate for the customer and enthusiastic about building and iterating on designs to discover what works best and applying your knowledge to create incredible software products. You’re passionate about end to end product development and want to work on research projects that will make an impact.
You are dedicated to understanding our users' goals and needs. You have expertise in usability testing, can translate data into actionable insights, and tell compelling stories about our users. You enjoy collaborating with project managers, designers, data scientists, product planners, and developers to generate user-centered product solutions.
You'll be primarily designing and conducting moderated and unmoderated interviews and usability studies for existing and future products. You will also be responsible for quickly analyzing, synthesizing, and presenting your findings to the team to build empathy for our users. You can quickly write goal-based tasks, crafting scenarios, and conducting moderated and unmoderated usability tests with users. You love talking with users and making their jobs easier through researching and designing phenomenal products
You understand how to bring together a team to solve complex customer problems by designing product experiences that align with our customer’s journey. You want to research and build innovative user experiences for a growing team. You’re comfortable influencing others to motivate them to co-create successful customer experiences.
- Degree in Anthropology, Human Centered Design, Psychology, or other relevant field
- 1+ years of mixed method user research experience on an Agile product team
- Passionate user advocate with strong communication skills
- Experience writing goal-based tasks, crafting scenarios
- Advanced experience conducting moderated and unmoderated usability tests with users
- Advocate for data-driven decisions and improving metrics
- A strong collaborator who can also work independently on multiple projects
- Able to scope and estimate research projects and prioritize tasks to meet product requirements and deadlines
- Able to quickly conduct and deliver research across multiple projects
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in an evolving environment
- Able to incorporate research findings into the design and development process
- Advanced experience using Figma and UserTesting
- Experience conducting research with IT professionals
- Knowledge of business principles
- Proficiency in design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Knowledge of Scrum and Kanban methodologies
The ideal candidate will show strength in all stages of the product lifecycle and be able to drive research projects from concept to completion. They will be a true UX leader who has outstanding skills in mixed method research, a passion for design and data science, and a desire to work within an agile engineering team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.