Hello EPIC community! I have exciting news: I'm growing my team. I have five (five!!) open positions:
- Design Research Lead
- Design Researcher (x2)
- Research Coordinator
- Research Operations
My team is Customer Insight & Ideation, and covers the domains of Design Research, Ideation, and Strategic Foresight at IPEX. We help IPEX to figure out what to make next and refine the designs of products in development. IPEX makes physical products (pipes and fittings, connecting people with water and energy) and because our product development is on a time-scale of years (rather than following sprints that are measured in weeks or months) this is an opportunity to do more robust research in industry.
Thank you for taking the time to read my job post(s). Please feel welcome to reach out to me on LinkedIn if you'd like an informal chat before applying (just make sure to include a message with your connection request).
Here's the info on the Design Researcher position (I will post the others separately on the EPIC job board):
IPEX is one of the North American leading providers of advanced plastic piping systems. Our mission is to shape a better tomorrow by connecting people with water and energy.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Design Researcher. This role is based in our Oakville (2) location, and reports to the Design Research Lead.
Do not miss the opportunity to join a diverse group of people-centric professionals, thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters!
As a Design Researcher, you’ll join our growing and collaborative Customer Insight and Ideation Team. Your role is all about doing research with the real people in our market, to help us figure out what to make next and refine the designs of products in development. You’ll use techniques from UX research, usability research, social sciences and ethnography to make recommendations to cross-functional teams. You’ll get to work on challenging research projects and then see the results, participating in design meetings where you advocate for the customer’s point of view.
- Design and conduct 3–6-month research projects which identify innovation opportunities, develop design criteria, and evaluate physical prototypes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teammates in Innovation, Sales, R&D and Product Management; build buy-in and ensure that the research outputs will support the project/business decisions ahead
- Participate in design meetings, following a scope of research; advocate for the customer perspective and help teams work with your research findings
- We anticipate up to 25% travel for this position (post-pandemic), primarily for on-site research throughout North America.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 0-5 years experience in a similar role
- University or college degree in anthropology, psychology, human factors, UX, market research, or a related field
- University/college or adult learning training in qualitative research methods (usability, in-depth interviews, field studies, card sorts, ethnography, etc.)
- Ability to identify when qualitative vs. quantitative research is appropriate (executional quantitative skills preferred but not required)
- Exposure to research in B2B and/or with physical prototypes is an asset
- Working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Nice to haves (let us know if you have them!): French language skills, Stage-Gate (or other product development process) knowledge, quantitative research skills