Design Researcher—Idea Couture, a Cognizant Digital Business
This is an exciting time for design research at Idea Couture. As our practice continues to grow, we need someone who is knowledgeable in all things UX but is passionate about User Research.
We’re looking for a Design Researcher who understands the nuances involved in conducting user research. At times, your presence in the field will have you translate findings and information into meaningful insights. You will build and implement experimental designs across a variety of product development studies ranging from early stage concept development and assessment through usability testing. We offer a creative, multi-disciplinary environment where you will be driving these activities.
What you'll be pursuing:
- Partner with Idea Couture team members and our clients to galvanize a perspective about what research is the right research to conduct.
- Lead and execute complex multi-stream research design projects for products and experiences independently and as part of a team.
- Collect,analyze and synthesize user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, and online experiments (e.g. A/B testing).
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other UX and Design Researchers to prioritize research opportunities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical, business, and strategic requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Contribute to the evolution of design research theory and practice across the organization.
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of work experience conducting research, with expertise in formative and summative methodology.
- Experience with defining usability performance metrics and conducting live or remote usability studies (e.g. Userzoom or Usertesting.com).
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, stakeholder and user workshops, and contextual field visits in one-on-one and group settings.
- Ability to synthesize and rationalize secondary and primary research findings into actionable insights and recommendations to inform design solutions
- Polished presentation and facilitation skills within a cross-functional, interdisciplinary environment.
- Master's degree or PhD in a related discipline.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience with research for service design
- Experience in survey design and analysis. Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Deep understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
If you’re comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you.
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to create meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
For more information, please contact me:
Senior Manager, Recruitment