Twitter is committed to helping increase the collective health, openness, and civility of public conversation, and to holding ourselves publicly accountable toward progress (you can read more here).
You’re an experienced Social Scientist with a strong understanding of psychological, cognitive, cultural, and computational processes. You have an excellent command of both qualitative and quantitative research methods and have worked in both academic and applied industry settings.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy setting your own research goals, managing load and expectations, and delivering actionable research findings and recommendations. You’re passionate about Twitter and the broader intersection between technology, society, and Health.
- Develop an overall vision and strategy for social science research at Twitter, particularly as it relates to the Health of our platform
- Work with senior leaders across the company to understand business needs and key research questions
- Partner with product researchers, international researchers, and data scientists to create a holistic understanding of our customers and platform
- Act as liaison between the broader research community and Twitter
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to identify, support and develop partnerships with external researchers, organizations, and institutions on Twitter’s behalf
- Incorporate feedback from the broader community into Twitter’s internal thinking
- Synthesize information from multiple data sources across social science disciplines in order to arrive at hypotheses, conclusions, and/or implications
- Contribute to the company’s assessment of research proposals to determine areas of partnerships and investment
- Create an approach for publishing internal research publicly
- Collaborate with or build a team of top talent across different fields of study, depending on the proposed vision and approach for social science at Twitter
- Ensure rigorous ethical standards are embedded across Twitter's research efforts
- Master’s or PhD in a social science field: Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology, Sociology, Computational Sociology, Anthropology, Organizational Behavior, or related field
- Familiarity of multiple fields across the social sciences
- 10+ years conducting hands on research in academia and industry
- 5+ years managing an in-house team of researchers in industry
- Worked under industry constraints while delivering high quality, rigorous research
- Set measurable goals and objectives that were achieved within a specific time frame
- Experience conducting research at the intersection of technology and society
- Excellent command of both qualitative and quantitative methods, including in-depth interviews, field research, experimental design, statistics, and survey design
- Experience with with large scale data sets, Python, SQL, R a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with ability to translate research concepts into clear insights and implications for a non-academic audience
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.