Audible – an Amazon company and perpetual innovator – is looking for an experienced User Researcher Director to assist in the growth and evolution of the preeminent immersive media experience brand. Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: fill hearts, minds, and souls with premium audio content that enables learning and literate entertainment.
User Research at Audible brings the customer’s viewpoint to all discussions as it relates to the visual and interaction design across all platforms and devices. User research provides insight on the "why" people do the things they do when interacting with Audible product’s touch points. By so doing, we contribute to the UX goal of a harmonious interplay and flow between the user’s mindset (goals and expectations) and product experiences (audio content discovery, subscription and consumption experiences) across devices.
You’re are perpetually inquisitive and embrace the challenge of unstructured asks from stakeholders.
You’re a detail oriented person when it comes to collecting user research but also do not lose sight of the big picture when it comes to analysis and drawing relevant and meaningful insights. You are also one who is confident in your thoroughness when it comes to user research and welcome opportunities to defend the logic and reasoning behind your insights and recommendations.
You’re a born collaborator, eager to work side-by-side with high performance multidisciplinary designers, product managers and technologists exploring the limits of audio content discovery, subscription and consumption experiences.
· Define, track and report key user experience metrics.
· Maintain and evangelize the vision of Audible’s User Research vision.
· Distill research questions into well thought-out research plans and aligning them with product roadmap.
· Identify best research methods based on research goals, timeline and resourcing.
· Develop and implement user-centered research throughout the design and development cycle using a variety of methodologies including: usability task scenario studies, contextual inquiry, diary studies, task analysis, heuristic evaluation, benchmarking/competitive analysis, card sorting technique, 1 click testing and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
· Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create actionable findings.
· Deliver high quality user research solutions in an environment with frequently shifting priorities and new market opportunities.
· Be a strong and vocal user advocate.
· Direct management of a team of user researchers
· Experience creating and implementing a User Research program
· Experience defining global usability metrics
· Ability to uniquely balance, lead, and direct both qualitative and quantitative research initiatives
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Minimum of 8 years professional experience in User Research, 4 years with direct management experience.
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (including study plans, usability study reports, user research “big picture synthesis” presentations).
· End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderating, analysis, & reporting).
· Hands-on experience with the following methods: lab-based user testing, remote testing, field research, and survey design
· Experience in mobile as well as device-specific user research.
· Experience in UX and Visual design.
· Masters or PhD degree in Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Anthropology or related field.
We have a comprehensive benefits package. Here are some of the fun and meaningful perks we offer:
· Daily catered lunch, Monday breakfast and juice bar, snacks and Friday happy hours
· Free onsite gym and 25% fitness reimbursement
· Seasonal sports clubs - basketball, hockey, soccer, volleyball, softball and more
· Company sponsored events
· Transit reimbursement, paid parking and shuttle service
· Tuition assistance
· Annual Amazon discount
· Meaningful community involvement opportunities including mentoring interns, literacy tutoring and Audible Scholars, along with collaboration on start-up projects incubating in Newark Venture Partners
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Vet