The Patient Engagement Team co-creatively develops technologies that empower people to improve their well-being. These technologies are typically in direct support of our products and services to save and improve lives.
We are looking for people who are willing to spend the time to understand the problem; people who are curious and thoughtfully frame their questions, listen openly, observe carefully; people who are ready to then move from insights to action. People who know how to make others feel comfortable to share their stories.
As a part of the Patient Engagement Team, the Ethnographer holds the accountability or responsibility for understanding the story of the individual and their communities. You are passionate about understanding the individual in their social, cultural, physical contexts and the various systems that they engage with. You are an expert with a background social research and conducting open-ended, semi-structured and informal interviews.
You are prepared to design the approach including recruitment strategies, manage and/or conduct field work, maintain field notes and memos, code and analyze qualitative data, collect and compile additional data relevant to study aims, aggregate and present research results.
You love to work in collaboration with a wide range of experts (behavioral scientists, strategists, techies, and more). You are passionate. You are curious. And you love to learn about people.
- Participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team, working cross-functionally with behavioural scientists, consumer experience architects, UX/UIX researchers and designers, product managers, analysts, and technologists to strategize, prioritize, plan, and execute on social and market-led research initiatives.
- Generate deliverables that are thorough, concise, and well-designed:
- Assist in the development of protocols, small-scale consumer interview processes using basic techniques
- Facilitate the recruitment, follow-up and retention of candidates
- Conduct brief screening interviews with potential participants via phone and in person
- Develop and execute on deep dive ethnography in field across multiple countries
- Assist other project participants or vendors in recruitment and conducting ethnographic research including in-depth interviewing, data collection from other existing sources, maintaining relationships with community members
- Prepare and organize qualitative and quantitative data for analysis
- Support the production of: consumer journey mapping processes, consumer archetypes, workshop models for teaching interaction and observation techniques to external departments and partners, partnership models for external collaboration on large-scale ethnographic initiatives, high-level baseline archetypes to aid the demystification of regional consumers (ASEAN)
- Writing of reports / production of other forms of communication
- Finding new and interesting ways to share the information and insights you’ve learned
- Mentor and advise other parts of the organization in conducting social research.
- To be successful, you will ideally have a Master or PhD degree in any of these fields: anthropology, criminology, public health, psychology, sociology, social work that placed a strong emphasis on community based research projects and research methodologies.
- Training and/or extensive experience (in lieu of a degree) with ethnographic research techniques
- Minimum 3-5 years work related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to develop strong and cooperative working relationships with local community-based groups and service agencies
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience and training using qualitative/ethnographic research methods
- Knowledge of qualitative data analysis software
- A willingness to learn or to have created videos, employing a variety of visual styles that convey to our stakeholders the richness of user stories, behaviour and experience
- Language fluency in English and proficiency in any multiple southeast Asian languages will be added advantage
- Strong leadership ability with operational knowledge and technical skills demonstrated.