Blink is looking for a freelance UX Researcher for an upcoming project out of our Austin studio. Contractors for Blink apply a wide range of usability and field research methods and skills while interacting with client teams and their users.
You will also be asked to share a portfolio of your work in the interview.
- Moderating and planning usability lab studies and field user research sessions.
- Analyzing research findings and preparing high-impact reports and presentations for clients.
- Editing video highlights from research sessions.
- Meeting with clients to help define work and propose specific tools and methods.
- Delivering findings that ensure the usability and usefulness of interfaces for our client's end-users.
- Advocating for users while understanding the business goals of clients.
- Formal education in a relevant field such as usability engineering, human centered design, cognitive psychology or equivalent hands-on experience to demonstrate an understanding of usability theory, methods, and practices.
- 5+ years of experience designing and conducting a wide range of UX research activities.
- Experience with RITE testing a plus.
- Proven ability to organize and manage quick-turn studies where results are presented to teams within 2-3 days following testing sessions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Experience working directly with clients in a consulting role, including leading client stakeholder meetings as a research subject matter expert.
- Proven ability to communicate recommended design solutions for observed UX issues.
- A high comfort level with computer hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of video editing techniques.
- A working knowledge of technology constraints and capabilities.
- Direct experience with user centered design projects.
- UX design experience is a plus.