The Future Research Department (FRD) of Toyota Research Institute North America studies the interplay between emerging science/technologies and social/political trends to forecast what technologies societies will need in the year 2030 and beyond. FRD is looking for a researcher to develop a framework that analyze science/technology and social/politics trends to help identify research ideas for future technology.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. or masters with equivalent experience in the related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills using latest visualization tools.
- Deep knowledge of US culture, history and current and future societal trends.
- Strong passion for, and understanding of, advances in science and technology.
- Knowledge of the modeling tools used to analyze large data to represent complex societal systems, technology and their interactions.
- Ability to combine the knowledge on various topics to make meaningful forecasts 20-25 years in the future.
The selected candidate will work closely with our researchers to understand their projects and help relate their research to future societal needs.
This position is a contract position. The work location is Toyota Research Institute North America in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Remote work is possible provided the candidate can travel to Ann Arbor about once a month for the duration of the contract.
Toyota Research Institute North America, AnnArbor, MI
734 995 7174