ABOUT SOCIAL FINANCE
Social Finance is a global leader in creating social change and is looking for a Head of User Research to join our fast-growing team. Our innovations, including the Social Impact Bond, have mobilised over £500m for social change to support thousands of vulnerable families and people in the UK and abroad from children in need to ex-offenders.
You will work closely with social change innovators, thought-leaders, data-scientists, and social issue experts to design and deliver services that enable the public and social sector to provide better support for some of the country’s most vulnerable populations.
You will work at the intersection of data, digital and public services: How should the government use data and digital to support its citizens? How do you design services that can respond to changing user needs? And, how do you avoid introducing ethical, social, or cultural bias into solutions and services?
You will work with our social and public-sector partners and Social Finance teams to design new services, improve existing ones and shape our user research approach. You will bring a user research and design thinking approach to support service design, consulting projects, and product development.
- You can develop and build the Social Finance approach to user research (including training materials, standard outputs, etc.) and capacity-build the organisation.
- You can plan, design, and implement user research strategies to understand users and their needs.
- You can use a variety of methods (including facilitating groups, in-depth interviews, observations and quick intercepts) to get the insight we need.
- You are comfortable working closely with a range of users from senior leadership to service users to generate feedback and insights to inform services and products.
- You can quickly synthesize research data (qualitative and quantitative) to build a clear picture of our users.
- You’re a confident communicator able to share and discuss insights and findings with a range of audiences.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone that brings a passion for social change, user research and design thinking so we can develop solutions and services that result in better outcomes.
- Track record of putting the user at the centre of design and delivery
- Experience setting up and managing a user research practice – including network of consultants.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and a fast-paced agile environment
- Experience working with government and vulnerable groups
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes and enabling social change.
- Deep curiosity for learning about the world of social services.
WHAT YOU GET
- The chance to make a real impact – work on projects and products, with real results that help change the lives of those most in need.
- A great team –We enjoy spending time together whether it’s Away Days, optional Friday team breakfasts, or drinks on the last Thursday of every month.
- London location - Based in the heart of London, you're never far from the excitement of the city.
- Compensation – salary and benefits are competitive within the social and public sector and commensurate with experience.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Social Finance values diversity and is actively developing a workforce that better mirrors the populations
that we work with and for. We are committed to developing an inclusive culture and working
environment in which everyone feels at home and is supported to achieve their potential. Our Diversity
and Inclusion Working Group meets regularly to develop our approach and is made up of staff from
across the organisation.
We encourage candidates with a range of life and work experiences to apply. Social Finance is an equal opportunities employer.
If you want to solve important social problems and get involved in data, digital and social change, we’d love to hear from you. Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter to:
We will review applicants on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP.