Amazon is looking for a senior design leader to join an exciting project team working to build a best in class consumer healthcare product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus.
In this role you will lead UX design and research as part of a greenfield effort to build a truly innovative healthcare product from the ground up. Your team will craft simple, functional, and elegant design solutions for consumers and medical professionals based on a deep and empathetic understanding of user’s needs supported by ethnographic research, testing, and customer voice. You will oversee concept and execution of end to end experiences that define the full user journey for consumers to receive, and clinicians to deliver care while considering key adoption, utilization and satisfaction KPIs. You will also invest in new healthcare technologies such as voice, natural language, and AI, and utilize service design to create holistic user journeys that span modalities and help define physical world experiences that extend beyond the screen.
To succeed in this role, you must be an innovator with a highly refined aesthetic and a proven ability to dive into the details while maintaining a strategic big-picture vision. You are obsessed about the customer experience, never settle for good enough and inspire your team to do the same. Finally, you are a self-starter, able to thrive in fast-paced and often ambiguous startup environments, welcoming the opportunity to extend your influence across disciplines.
· Lead UX design and research in order to define and deliver the end to end Amazon Care experience for consumers and medical professionals
· Drive design from initial concept through final implementation, working with cross-functional teams across our organization and partners
· Institute and lead critical UX research, usability and Voice of the Customer efforts including capturing, tracking and socializing existing customer insights, pain points and opportunities
· Apply service design methodologies to define holistic user journeys that weave the physical and digital together
· Confidently defend rationale used to define research outcomes and create design solutions and in executive level reviews
· Lead brainstorming and critique sessions that foster big thinking while raising the bar on the details
· Drive product innovation while providing roadmap and team prioritization oversight
· Develop and nurture relationships across teams to promote collaboration and efficiency
· Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· 8+ years of industry experience as a hands on UX, Product or Interaction Designer
· 5+ years of management experience leading multi-discpline Design teams (ie. Visual Design, Interaction Design, User Research, etc.)
· Experience leading a diverse team in the delivery of experiences from end to end (user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity visuals)
· Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior leaders outside of design
· A portfolio of samples demonstrating user-centered design leadership that effectively met user and business needs with simplicity and elegance
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
· Experience with native iOS and Android as well as mobile and desktop web
· Experience with healthcare clinical tools such as Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems
· Experience with voice interface, natural language or multimodal design
· Experience working collaboratively with software engineers, product managers, researchers and marketers
· Start-up or early stage business experience, ideally within healthcare, including a proven track-record of delivering results in ambiguous circumstances
· Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations