The Lead Designer, Experience Design (XD) is a key leader within the Customer Experience organization, leading and supporting the company’s transformation as we lean into our values and demonstrate the guiding behaviors of Be Human, Make it Real and Think About Tomorrow.
The Lead Designer will apply their extensive knowledge of human centered experience design and service design, to meaningfully envision and define the experiences customers have with Best Buy. This role is an advocate for customers and employees, a creative problem solver, and an impactful leader who must function collaboratively across teams and disciplines to influence with and without authority.
The Lead Designer works in partnership with design and engineering teams across the organization, primarily customer and employee-facing product teams. This role is responsible for defining the journeys and moments in which customers interact with Best Buy online, in stores and in their homes. This includes having a strategic understanding and vision of the short and long-term business, brand, technical/operational and customer needs and how that might impact and be supported by Best Buy employees.
Facilitate & participate in discovery efforts toward strategic goals.
- Facilitate human-centered design activities to frame problems and opportunities and to co-create illustrative experience design concepts.
- Work with researchers to identify personas and jobs-to-be done for the customer whose needs are being explored through the experience design effort.
- Communicate and present design concepts through engaging and impactful storytelling - focusing on the customer needs - to a wide audience including other designers, product managers, engineers, and stakeholders.
- Stay engaged with the work as it progresses to delivery through multiple product and project workstreams, ensuring consistency and adherence to the overall vision is kept in mind.
Ensure efficient and effective processes to deliver experience design work.
- Develop and implement the approach and processes needed to deliver design work via product teams.
- Efficiently and effectively push work forward while ensuring the work centers on customers and employees.
- Define and implement the framework needed to coordinate across multiple workstreams throughout the organization.
- Ensure the successful execution of the work.
- Bachelor's Degree (4 yr.) in Graphic Design, Product Design, Multimedia, Communication, Marketing, Human Computer Interaction, Instructional or Graphic Design, related field, or Equivalent Industry Experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in experience design as a service designer or design strategy-related role (e.g., Design Strategist, Design Researcher, Product Designer, UX Designer, Information Architect, Interaction Designer, Visual Designer, UX Writer, etc.)
- 6+ years’ experience leading and/or influencing experience design teams
- Demonstrated experience in envisioning, defining, and modeling end-to-end, multichannel customer experiences
- Demonstrated experience in helping individuals and organizations understand and embrace Human-Centered Design
- Extensive portfolio of work that demonstrates advanced knowledge and skill in experience design
- Extensive experience generating and/or applying all forms of customer insights, including quantitative and qualitative research and other customer signals from search, digital, and social data
- Ability to effectively communicate user insights and design concepts
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships at all levels and ensuring teams employ a collaborative culture
- Understands the potential application of new technologies and how experiences could benefit from them
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Ability to work in ambiguity and break-down ambiguity into actionable items
- Ability to navigate internal and external landscapes
- Case Studies that represent knowledge and skill in experience strategy and design generating experience insights and/or applying customer insights identified from research and other customer signals from search, digital, and social data
Return to Job Listings