The UX Research Team is responsible for building empathy for the Target Guest and Target Team Member throughout the product development lifecycle for Target’s digital products, inclusive of web experience, app experience, internal tools, and in-store digital tools. The UX researcher is a key partner to several functions in the digital group including product owners, UX designers, engineers, data scientists, and site merchandisers.
Research projects span from lean usability validation (as needed by the product teams) to strategic future-thinking discovery projects (driven by researchers’ insights) to enable constant experience optimization and inform strategic business priorities.
Using both qualitative and quantitative methods, the researcher will translate research insights into powerful stories that not only help shape product design and development but also influence the world of modern retail.
The Lead UX Researcher:
- Serves as a leader within product teams throughout the research project life cycle – recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, and coordinating the entire process, facilitating in-field research and post-research synthesis through analysis.
- Acts as a strategic thought partner and provide expert guidance in leading, conducting, and synthesizing qualitative research projects – including, but not limited to: in person moderated testing, remote moderated & unmoderated testing, surveys, heuristic reviews, benchmark studies, concept testing, online & in-store intercepts, ethnographies, shopalongs.
- Leads and follows through on synthesis and analysis of research findings – activating the insights gleaned through observations and interviews and identifying key opportunity and whitespace areas in the context of corporate strategic direction.
- Genuine curiosity about people and experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to cross functional partners
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong ability to tell compelling stories from data.
- Comfortable within ambiguity with the ability to prioritize; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (both small and large) and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong project management skills – experience managing multiple projects at various stages in the project life cycle.
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Outlook, Word and other MS Office software.
- Project management experience and/or direct experience with consumer research or design research
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience practicing UX design research for digital product teams or 6 years’ of relevant consumer research experience or graduate degree in relevant field.
- Comfortable speaking to a diverse group of people and leading conversations to discover research insights.
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience running, recruiting, moderating and analysis of online panels and thinking strategically about their application.
- 4 year degree in Anthropology, Social Science, Design Research, Psychology, Human Factors, HCI, or related field.
- Experience in Lean UX Research methods, including remote moderated & unmoderated testing, online & in-context (store) intercepts.
- Demonstrated understanding of accessibility user testing using assistive technologies.
- Experience with video editing software.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Apply online here.