Who needs insurance? Everybody. That keeps us busy. Very busy. At the Intact Lab, we use machine learning, data science, software engineering, AI, agility, UX and design thinking to transform the customer experience for millions of Canadians. Simplifying insurance takes creativity, empathy and hard work. We explore, take risks, make mistakes, and learn all day, every day. Here, innovation is everyone's job. Ready to make your mark?
About the role
Welcome to the Intact Lab Design team! Our purpose is to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times.
Our talented group – a mix of UX researchers, behavioural scientists, data analysts, and UX designers – partners with Product teams to uncover, craft and implement second-to-none experiences rooted in customer insight. Our work contributes to outperformance by helping our clients, employees and partners be more successful, efficient and delighted.
As a Manager – UX Research, you will lead an established team of UX researchers and oversee our user testing practices. Drawing from your research toolkit, your team uncovers actionable insights that fuel roadmaps, accelerates learning and ensures the customer is at the heart of every decision we make. Your work helps teams solve the right problems with the right solutions.
Reporting to the Director – Design, your main responsibilities are:
- Support your team in research that uncovers needs and assesses the desirability of solutions
- Team up with designers to translate and execute opportunities into successful strategies
- Influence leadership with compelling narratives that synthesize research insights
- Track resolution of pain points and opportunities identified in customer journeys
- Oversee usability testing best practices in partnership with UX management
- Mentor a research team and continually level up practices and operations
- Ensure product and development squads are regularly connected with end users
- Integrate research into agile operations, in cadence with product and design planning
- Plan annual roadmaps and empower your team to focus on activities that maximize impact
- Manage research budgets and vendor relations
- Implement and administer CX and UX tools including our research repository
- Champion and advise on research practices / ResearchOps at all levels of IFC
- Establish the Intact Lab as leaders in UX Research thought leadership in Canada
- 5 years experience leading both generative and evaluative research
- 5 years hands-on experience producing qualitative and quantitative research
- 2 years experience leading direct reports and mentoring research teams
- Inclusive leadership paired with fast-paced decision-making skills
- Expert facilitation and moderation skills
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence and build consensus
- Excellent at connecting dots and identifying the signal from the noise
- Bilingualism is an asset
#LI-IT #LI-Hybrid #IN-QC #IN-ON
What we offer
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
- A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
- An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
- Flexible work arrangements
- Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
- An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
- Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
- A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
- Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
- Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
- A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.