Cognizant Digital Business
Philadelphia, PA or New York City, NY
Cognizant is seeking an experienced ethnographer, with specialization in medical anthropology, to join our team in Toronto, but could also work in Philadelphia, PA or New York City, NY, USA. The successful candidate will have a passion for designing and conducting fieldwork, the ability to identify and clearly communicate research insights to internal teams and clients, and the nimbleness required to juggle academic theory, research methods, design thinking and business sensibility. In addition, the candidate should possess the skills, experience, and empathy to navigate the social worlds of medicine in order to uncover rich insight into the interactions, behaviors, and challenges that shape the lived experiences of health and wellbeing from the perspectives of individuals and healthcare providers.
- Designing, conducting & reporting on qualitative field studies.
- Translating field insights into future products, services, and experiences.
- Participating in and contributing to internal and client ideation sessions.
- Collaborating with designers, strategists, technologists and others.
- Frequent global travel
Required skills / Experience
- Master’s/PhD in anthropology, sociology, another social science discipline with demonstrable expertise in medical anthropology.
- Proven experience conducting ethnographic research projects.
- Awareness of, experience with, and exposure to service design and its methods and practices is an asset.
- Previous experience in health research is a requirement.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Scholarly or other publishing records.
- Prior experience doing research in a client service environment, either with an agency or consultancy is preferred.
- Fluency in French and/or another language(s) is a major asset.