Multilingual Connections is a woman-owned global language solutions company founded in 2005 that helps organizations understand, engage and grow their international markets. Our services include translation, transcreation, transcription, multimedia localization and research support, and while our headquarters are in the Chicago area, our team is located across the world. Unless you happen to be located in the Chicago area, this role is fully remote and open to all local, national and international locations.
At Multilingual Connections, relationships are at the core of everything – relationships with our clients, our team, our partners and our linguists. We pride ourselves on our ability to inspire trust, to be flexible and creative, to pursue growth and learning and to embrace and drive change. When we add to our team, we look for people with specific qualifications but also for people that share our values and who are excited about working in an entrepreneurial environment.
As the Multilingual Research Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing and coordinating multilingual research services, including focus group and interview moderation, online fieldwork support, survey translation, and interview and focus group transcription, for both corporate and academic clients. Multilingual moderation is a new service at Multilingual Connections – though research translation and transcription are not – and therefore this is a new role. With that in mind, you’ll be part of our Production team but will collaborate with our Sales & Marketing team and CEO to further develop and grow this exciting new direction.
We have a safe and inclusive team environment that values mutual support and collaboration. We encourage and expect participation and ideas from all levels, and know that getting diverse insight from all employees is what will We have a safe and inclusive team environment that values mutual support and collaboration. We encourage and expect participation and ideas from all levels, and we know that getting diverse insight from all employees is what will make us successful. If you are someone who is communicative and organized, who has experience in qualitative research or translation project management specific to research, and who thrives in a fast-paced, multilingual and multicultural environment, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role you’ll be expected to:
- Respond to client inquiries by answering questions about our services and quoting, scheduling, and setting up research support, translation and transcription projects
- Help create teams of freelance researchers and linguists for projects, including scheduling and costs
- Manage projects once they are initiated, including facilitating communication between multiple stakeholders — researchers, linguists, and clients — tracking schedules, and monitoring performance and communication
- Meet/exceed gross margin goals while maintaining quality standards and schedules
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients, researchers and linguists
- Prepare weekly and monthly status reports as needed
- Proactively seek and organize post-project feedback from researchers, linguists and clients
- Collaborate with production leadership to document and continually improve upon our service offering
- Collaborate with sales team to support growth of our service offering
What you’ll bring with you:
- 2+ years experience in the language service industry, research field or other project management role
- Understanding of and proven experience with market and consumer research methods, including ethnographic methods, focus groups, interviews, and surveys
- Strong organizational, time management, and English communication (spoken and written) skills
- Initiative in developing and implementing efficient, creative solutions
- Tech-savvy; preferred experience with Google Workspace and Microsoft Suite; understanding of CAT tools (preferred)
- Proficiency in a second language (preferred)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Sense of humor ideal!
- Comfortable and productive home office environment
What you’ll get from us:
- An enthusiastic and collaborative work environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Colleagues that feel like family
If this sounds like a good fit, please apply here with the following items:
- Your resume
- Your cover letter
- A link to a 60-second video introducing yourself and explaining why this is a perfect fit for you
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Thank you for your interest!
At Multilingual Connections we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that thrives on and embraces diversity in all forms. We make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.