As a modern beverage company, Keurig Dr. Pepper (NASDAQ: KDP) was the first to bring hot and cold beverages together at scale. We are building on our position as the innovation leader in appliances to deliver the next generation of Keurig® machines to brew the love for our consumers and customers. Our Keurig® appliances implement advanced technology to bring our consumers a consistently perfect cup and we’re on a journey to engineer an even better cup of coffee while bringing our consumers the most simple and exceptional beverage experience yet. As part of our Appliance Global Product Organization, you will be at the heart of a team that is transforming our iconic brand for the next era.
Keurig Dr Pepper is looking for a seasoned design researcher to join their Consumer Design team. This individual will build a comprehensive design research program to complement our existing industrial design and user experience practices. This role will drive significant value for the company by managing ALL design research activities associated with digital and physical product development and exert significant influence over our product line. The focus for the position will be on our Appliances Business Unit, which includes the Keurig brand, physical appliances, and IOT experiences.
What this person will do:
- Responsible for identifying research needs to drive design maturity/decision-making across all in-flight new product development programs.
- Partner with consumer insights and product management teams to develop comprehensive learning plans that inform design, development, innovation and marketing activities.
- Determine the best way to generate consumer learnings for specific projects, utilizing a mix of external research partners and in-house capabilities/bandwidth (including hybrid models).
- Manage external research vendors, including scoping, project briefs, purchase requisition, project oversight, etc.
- When required, lead user research activities (recruitment, protocol development, moderation and analysis.)
- Maintain our roster of external research partners, driving continuous improvement in work quality and financial outlay.
- Manage an annual budget for external research activities across a portfolio of new product development programs and R&D activities.
- Manage our internal knowledge of consumers – ensuring we maximize the efficiency of our research investments by transferring knowledge between development programs/teams.
- Own the “Ease-of-Use” component of our Product Attribute Leadership strategy – including attribute roadmap, measurement system, and target setting for new products.
- Manage strategic research projects applicable across the products to develop categorical knowledge for all brewers and platforms moving forward.
- Advocate for customer’s behaviors and needs throughout the development process.
- 6+ years of experience across a variety of research methodologies, including: user research, human factors, design thinking, innovation, co-creation, rapid iterative testing, usability testing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Psychology, Design Research, Human Factors, or similar required
- Mastery of the new product development process with in-depth knowledge of where and when to insert research activities to drive consumer value. (Including experience with Agile, Rapid Learning Cycles and Stage Gate/Waterfall methodologies.)
- Experience working with physical and digital products and experiences. Prior experience with IOT devices will be highly desired.
- Mastery in applying methodologies to answer different types of research questions – with no pre-conceived biases towards specific methodologies.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative study design, moderation, and data analysis.
- Proficiency in managing multiple stakeholders across a complex organization structure to achieve results.
- Strong oral, written, and communication skills. Can Present findings concisely and effectively.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with cross functional agile teams.
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.