The Conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning team is looking for an experienced, compassionate, creative, and collaborative researcher to join our rapidly growing cross-functional team.
In this role, you will work on designing our suite of conversational artificial intelligence products that aim to help people better manage their money. You’ll guide the team in discovering insights about customer needs, AND you’ll influence the team to use those insights to inspire and impact the customer experience!
Who You Are
You are a passionate and empathetic researcher with keen observational and analytical skills, an impressive ability to collaborate with other teams and designers, and a relentless determination to do what is right for Capital One's customers.
You can work with minimal direction, and you’re capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs.
You will work on overlapping projects, so you’re good at managing competing priorities and organizing yourself.
More specifically, the team is excited to bring someone on who is….
EXPERIENCED – You have a deep understanding of user research methods for all phases of design and product development. You’re an expert in conducting, sharing, and incorporating qualitative research, but you also have an interest in and respect for taking a quantitative approach.
COMPASSIONATE and CREATIVE – You are a kind, honest, and generous human being, and you’re awesome at putting yourself in someone else’s shoes. You also have a nimble, creative, and pragmatic approach to your work, and you're interested in pushing the boundaries of research.
COLLABORATIVE – You are a team player, and you enjoy working on cross-functional teams. You’ve successfully collaborated with UX Designers, Design Strategists, Content Strategists, Product Managers, Software Developers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and other Stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
Some of your responsibilities will include….
- Conduct, share, and incorporate research that influences the product roadmap as well as the overall vision + strategy
- Partner with other researchers and product teams to identify and prioritize research goals and questions
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline, and resourcing
- Leverage Design Thinking and Agile methodologies
- Moderate 1:1 empathy interview sessions in a UserLab or home setting as well as run remote un-moderated studies
- Utilize research tools such as Dscout, UsabilityHub, etc
- Develop personas
- Perform quick but thorough qualitative (and sometimes quantitative) data analysis to create insightful and actionable findings
- Present research findings and insights to teammates and stakeholders
- Effectively and intelligently influence the iteration of designs by pinpointing key data points from research
- Work with product and tech partners to leverage analytics tools and techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization
- Evangelize research practices throughout the company, influencing partner teams
- Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our research methods
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience with user experience (UX) research
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Ethnography, Sociology, HCI, Human Factors, or related field
- 7+ years of experience with user experience (UX) research
- Experience with Human Computer Interaction
- Experience officially managing other researchers
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.