About the Team
At Uber, we are redefining employee experience by taking a user-centric, product-oriented approach that spans across the journey from candidates to Uber Alumni. We do this by first understanding employees' motivations, needs, high/low points through multi-channel listening and quantitative/qualitative user research.
The People Science team, as part of the People Analytics function at Uber, is looking for a qualitative UX researcher to join this exciting journey. By partnering with data scientists, mixed-methods researchers, designers, IT, and business partners, you'll use user research, design thinking, agile methodology, and product mindset to help build an employee journey map and different personas, and guide people products and solutions that meet employee and business needs.
What You'll Do
- Design and conduct qualitative research, including interviews, focus groups, field observations, and usability tests
- Partner closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, and technology team on journey mapping
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to advise business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops, and any other novel, creative approaches that you invent
- Collaborate with data science to integrate quantitative and qualitative findings into holistic, meaningful business insights
- Leverage academic expertise and knowledge of HR/Consumer/Marketing industry trends within the context of practical business challenges to identify areas of opportunity for Uber
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in applied product/market/HR research, with a focus on qualitative research methods
- PhD degree or MS degree in a field related to human behavior (e.g. psychology, sociology, economics, human-computer interaction, communication, information science, political science)
- 2+ years experience as an applied qualitative researcher or user experience researcher
- Experience in developing journey maps and personas is a plus
- Experience in experimental design, user testing, and statistical analysis
- Able to translate business objectives into analyses and communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in people analytics or organizational psychology topics preferred
- Able to navigate through ambiguity, adapt optimally to changing situations, and innovate in solving sophisticated problems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.