Hello EPIC community! I have exciting news: I'm growing my team. I have five (five!!) open positions:
- Design Research Lead
- Design Researcher (x2)
- Research Coordinator
- Research Operations
My team is Customer Insight & Ideation, and covers the domains of Design Research, Ideation, and Strategic Foresight at IPEX. We help IPEX to figure out what to make next and refine the designs of products in development. IPEX makes physical products (pipes and fittings, connecting people with water and energy) and because our product development is on a time-scale of years (rather than following sprints that are measured in weeks or months) this is an opportunity to do more robust research in industry.
Thank you for taking the time to read my job post(s). Please feel welcome to reach out to me on LinkedIn if you'd like an informal chat before applying (just make sure to include a message with your connection request).
IPEX is one of the North American leading providers of advanced plastic piping systems. Our mission is to shape a better tomorrow by connecting people with water and energy.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Research Coordinator. This role is based in our Oakville (2) location, and reports to the Manager of Customer Insight and Ideation.
Do not miss the opportunity to join a diverse group of people-centric professionals, thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters!
As a Research Coordinator, you’ll be joining our growing Customer Insight and Ideation (CII) Team. You’ll participate in exciting design research, ideation, and strategic foresight projects—you’ll be at the forefront of customer-centric innovation at IPEX. You have general understanding of some of these disciplines, but your real expertise is in project management; you’ll use project management skills to lead projects that are outsourced to third party suppliers, helping us to get the most value out of those initiatives and ensuring they meet scope (time, cost, quality). Beyond collaborating with the in-house research experts on the CII Team, this role is a great opportunity to work with teammates across the organization, including those in Innovation, Product Management, Marketing, Product Design, and Sales.
- Coordinate all IPEX activities related to assigned outsourced research projects; be the day-to-day single point of contact and owner of these projects
- Communicate with cross-functional teammates about project status and to get relevant inputs and involvement; connect suppliers to the appropriate IPEX teammates
- Ensure projects meet scope (time, cost, quality), assess and mitigate risks, and help the team assess and navigate acceptable changes
- Be a sounding board and initial reviewer for the supplier, streamlining the finalization of deliverables
Qualifications & Experience
- 0-3 years experience in a similar role
- University or college degree
- University/college or adult learning training in project management fundamentals
- Basic understanding of research projects is preferred
- Working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Nice to haves (let us know if you have them!): project management certification, French language skills, Stage-Gate (or other product development process) knowledge, experience in B2B, experience with companies making physical products, general understanding of strategic foresight and/or ideation processes