KNow Research is a full-service, female-forward, qualitative insights consultancy on the front lines of research, delivering fresh insights through custom research design and innovation. From the latest digital research solutions to traditional interview methods, we build bespoke projects for our clients’ needs to inform key business decisions. Our senior-level team of boots-on-the-ground investigators deliver insights to our clients with an emphasis on our expertise in the Financial Services, Retail, Health, Fitness & Beauty industries.
Katrina Noelle, President, is proud to have made KNow Research a certified member of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), to further our commitment to women in the research community and beyond. Learn more about our mission, our approach, and our methodologies online at knowresearch.com.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Research Strategist to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for helping to manage all stages of the market research project cycle including research design, moderation, coordination with our operations team and vendors, analysis, crafting custom deliverables and presentations, as well as nurturing and developing strategic client relationships.
The ideal candidate will have a college degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an agency researcher, with financial services experience a plus. You will have had exposure to qualitative research methodologies, and you are known for your attention to detail, superior organization, and proficient communication and writing skills. You are an out-of-the box thinker that doesn't stand for mediocrity or status quo, and possess a drive for excellence. Experience with product innovation, brand positioning, shopper insights, and online communities with consumer and business audiences are key assets.
- An experienced, strategic market researcher; you have had exposure to qualitative methodologies including project design, project management, and data analysis/visualization
- Highly organized and detail focused, with an ability to handle multiple projects at once and consistently shifting priorities and timelines
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal - you are unafraid of asking questions or for help when you face roadblocks
- A driven self-starter with a passion to innovate and learn from our team
- Skilled with technology and social media, as well as online market research methodologies and technology platforms
- Able to find the thru line in the stories, and to sift through qualitative data to extract nuggets and insights
- Creative with data visualization and reporting skills - someone who develops reports that always impress colleagues and clients
- Professional, confident, and flexible, allowing you to work collaboratively and effectively with clients, participants, and colleagues of diverse backgrounds
- Passionate about unlocking the power of consumer insights to help drive agile decision making
- BA/BS minimum
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably with a market research, advertising, or client-side agency
- Exposure to sophisticated market research practices including a wide variety of research methods
- Experience working on end-to-end market research projects
- Experience designing and developing discussion guides and online activities
- Experience identifying and writing up analytical findings
- Experience with visualizing and reporting qualitative data
- Experience with reporting writing and taking deliverables to the next level
- Experience working in marketing research software packages
- Strong Google Suite, Zoom, and Microsoft Office skills, Excel and PowerPoint, in particular, as well as a quick learner of new technologies/software
Why you should choose KNow
- You'll be helping to support a growing company with a focus on innovation and a lot of momentum.
- A team culture that's built on trust and hard work, while still having a good time.
- Leadership that invests in you, your personal and professional development, and career growth.
- Fun and collaborative team offsites, lunch & learns, and initiatives
- We have a lineup of clients many could only dream of working with, including Discover, Dow Jones, Savage X Fenty, and Athleta, and many more!
- We compensate fairly - competitive salary, 401K, self-managed schedule and encouragement for personal/mental health days, just to name a few benefits!
Sound like you?
If you think you're a good fit, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line reading “Research Strategist Application – your name”, and fill out our super short application questionnaire, HERE, to allow us to get to know you a little bit! Applicants who do not complete both steps will not be considered.
Please note, you must be eligible to work in the USA to be considered for this role. We thank everyone for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted. All interviews will be conducted via Zoom and the position will be mostly remote work, with occasional days in the San Francisco office and overnight travel to support in-person fieldwork.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. KNow Research provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, age, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.