The EPIC Customer Insights Research team is currently seeking a passionate Design Researcher to come be a part of our Mobile Cross Devices team, working to ensure we’re building useful, usable, and cohesive experiences for our M365 customers across the myriad of devices they use in their daily lives. The Cross-Devices team is planning for rapid growth over the next few years and beyond, particularly in tight partnership with Samsung, and we’re looking for an individual to come ensure the solutions we’re offering our customers are ground-breaking, but also grounded in user insight.
- Working with Design and Engineering at both Microsoft and Samsung on a strategic business partnership
- Generating actionable user research insights to help stakeholder teams drive better decision making
- Providing consultation to engineering and design partners in framing their business and customer questions and developing an appropriate research plan
- Proactively and routinely sharing fact-based, forward-thinking customer insights across business partnerships
- Participating in hackathons, co-design, and other events that bring the business partnership closer together
- Providing thought leadership by identifying and recommending research methods or analytical approaches that address short and long-term business objectives
- Executing research, analyzing, and presenting insights to ensure a holistic understanding of the user and their habits and motivations
- Contributing to building a world-class research organization
- International travel to work with partner teams
If you have a passion for user research, end-user advocacy, great oral and written communication skills, a strong aptitude for working in a collaborative environment, an entrepreneurial spirit and can demonstrate strong empathy for our customers while balancing the vision and constraints of engineering then this might be the role for you!
- 7+ years in user experience research, design research, product research or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of UX research approaches and methodologies - especially agile methods
- Strong analytical, statistical, and synthesis skills with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights
- A strong and demonstrable history of research planning and execution with measurable impact on product success criteria
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to formulate informed point of views to provoke and facilitate strategic conversations
- Track record of collaborating across disciplines (design, engineering) to drive change into products.
- Proven ability to work within tight timelines utilizing excellent project management skills.
- Communicate insight effectively to all levels of stakeholders – from top executives to feature teams
- A degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, behavioral science, or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Mobile or Devices is a plus but not required
- Experience with multicultural business contexts is a plus but not required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.