Senior Design Researcher – Full-time
IN A NUTSHELL
At Round Feather, we believe that ground-breaking innovation always begins with an empathetic understanding of people’s unarticulated needs, aspirations and behaviors. As we expand our footprint, we are in search of a Senior Design Researcher to join us. We are looking for individuals who share our passion and curiosity for understanding people and how they interact with branded products and services. You will be part of a nimble and diverse team that brings in different perspectives from around the world. Each project will take you all the way from insights to tangible expressions. You will learn to work with our distinct set of tools and methodologies, which we have used to reimagine and empower some of the biggest global brands to strategize and execute for unprecedented customer experiences.
BEING A SENIOR DESIGN RESEARCHER AT ROUND FEATHER
As a Senior Design Researcher, you will work closely with our dynamic, entrepreneurial and fun research teams from around the world, collaborating with and inspiring each other through every aspect of the research and ideation process. As an individual, you are strongly driven to push past traditional research & design methods, contributing new ideas and picking up new tricks along the way. With a keen eye for uncovering deep insights about people and a business mindset to approach and resolve challenges, you will work with Fortune 1000 clients to go beyond the uncovered insights by designing tangible solutions that have meaningful impact. You thrive in a dynamic, constantly shifting environment, unafraid to roll up your sleeves with your can-do spirit.
So, what do we do at Round Feather? We are a strategic design consultancy that inspires clients to radically transform their product and service experiences by placing unarticulated customer needs as the focal point of innovation. Our projects typically start with an in-depth, emotion-driven qualitative research framework to identify the pain points and bliss points a user experiences through the end-to-end customer journey. Using proprietary tools and methodologies, we uncover and translate these deeper unarticulated needs and behavioral mindsets into meaningful solutions that reimagine the user’s experience while unlocking new business potential for our clients.
We’re looking forward to having our newest feather join us! We would prefer the person who fills this role to be based in San Diego, California, but we are open to talking with remote candidates. Our team currently works remotely with occasional in-person activities when needed.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
YOUR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing, conducting and participating in a diverse array of research approaches and opportunities, including both primary (ex. field interviews) and secondary research
- Collaborating with a global team of researchers, industrial designers, business leaders and subject-matter experts in a fast-paced environment.
- Navigating complex problems and ambiguity.
- Reviewing and analyzing primary research, and synthesizing insights for various stakeholders.
- Participating and leading brainstorming, concept development and strategy sessions
- Communicating with, presenting to and co-creating with clients
- Developing visual and written research reports and presentations of user interviews and other field research (e.g., journey maps and other visual artefacts).
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Human-centered design and other relevant fields.
- 5-7 years of work experience.
- Demonstrate interest in research and design, along with a passion for learning about people.
- Proficiency with Human-centered design approach.
- Experience with planning, preparing, conducting, and analyzing primary and secondary research (e.g., user interviews, desktop research).
- Comfortable working directly and remotely with other team members across the globe.
- You are a creative thinker, a quick learner and also a proactive team member.
- Must be inquisitive and flexible – adjust easily to shifting plans and changes in schedules.
- You are responsible, punctual, and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient using Mac systems, Google Suite and Office 365.
- Experience with Figma and Adobe suite (i.e. Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro) for visual outputs and video edits.
- Must be comfortable and able to travel for research purposes in a post-pandemic world.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Prior work experience in design consulting, strategy consulting or similar roles.
- Any hidden superpowers that you will bring with you.