At Microsoft today, we are awash in customer data. But data alone are not enough. Do you enjoy creating meaning from data? Can you look across multiple customer data streams (e.g., telemetry, surveys, interviews) and find relevant patterns, tell compelling user stories, and answer key business questions? If yes, we would like you to consider a Senior User Researcher position with the Office Solutions Team.
The Office Solutions Team was formed as a catalyst to increase the usage and satisfaction of Office 365 by building first-party industry solutions that will make Office 365 more valuable to business leaders based on their industry specific needs. We are a fast-paced start-up-style team eager to deliver great products for our customers.
- Design and execute promptly on a cohesive and focused research plan that includes both quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Conduct end-to-end research such as market analysis, foundational insights, workshops, observational research, user journey mapping, scenario creation, target audience segmentation, user studies etc.
- Produce impactful artifacts generated from research findings that directly impacts product strategy clearly articulating user needs and grounded in customer empathy.
- Take strategic research and align to new product development
- Work closely with multiple disciplines (especially design and engineering) on aligned goals
- Execute creatively both independently and as a valuable team member
- Deep analytical and synthesis skills (both qualitative and quantitative) with a proven ability to turn research results into customer empathy and product insights.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) capable of distilling research into actionable insights that create impact. Must be comfortable making strategic recommendations based on research.
- Experience with developing research programs and outcomes that resulted in a strong product strategy and product impact
- Well established portfolio of research techniques from ethnography, field studies, interviews, usability studies, concept validation, A/B testing, user journey mapping, focus groups, surveys, scorecards, design research, and competitive analysis to name a few
- 6+ years of user experience, design research, or equivalent
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in HCI, ethnography, business planning or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.