On the Design Research & Strategy team, our mission is to lay a user-centered and data-driven foundation for Adobe product design and development. We are seeking a Senior Experience Researcher to partner with product managers, designers, and other researchers on the Creative Cloud Education team. In this role, you will drive foundational research on Teachers and School IT Admins, mapping their needs and pain points and identify opportunity areas for the product development process.
Length of primary engagement: Approximately 6 months (40 hrs per week). Start date is ASAP and the contract will go through January 2023. There may be an opportunity to extend.
What you’ll be working on
- Assess a project’s scope, determine appropriate research questions, and identify appropriate qualitative research methods (developing new ones as needed).
- Run research studies from start to finish, including; developing a realistic research plan and materials, recruiting participants, and synthesizing data into findings.
- Advocate for the customer by articulating research findings and product ideas through clear and insightful presentations.
- Engage with different roles across the company and product teams to understand and influence business goals, system architecture, and product designs.
- Present work in group-wide or company-wide forums (e.g., brown bags, tech summit, MAX, KTB, etc.).
- Build alliances across the company to identify new partners, drive collaboration, and deeply understand the business context of research problems.
What you’ll bring to the team
- An undergraduate degree from a 4-year, accredited institution.
- Significant hands-on research experience, with at least 3 years of that experience as a Researcher in an industry setting (UX Research, Market Research, consulting, dedicated research internships, etc.). Unfortunately, experience as a Designer does not count towards this requirement.
- Proven ability to use multiple qualitative research methods and are able to explain the rationale for using each one. Experience with ethnographic research is a must.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- An understanding of the product life cycle and ability to time research to have maximum impact.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across all project roles (design, research, product management, engineering, etc
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas through reports, user profiles, scenarios, slides.
- Experience presenting work at the management, director, and VP levels.
Nice to haves:
- An advanced degree in psychology, anthropology, data science, or a related field.
- Familiarity with or interest in Adobe’s creative tools (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
Why you’ll love working here
- Collaborate with and learn from other researchers from a wide range of backgrounds; Psychology, Anthropology, HCI, Computer Science, Design and Management, Linguistics, and more.
- At Adobe, we value the differences in others’ stories and ideas— You’ll be able to bring your authentic self to work every day
How to Apply
To be considered for this role please email with your resume, and two redacted research work samples. We review work samples to get a sense of how you plan and present your research. Even if you have to redact a lot, we can usually get a sense of your work:
- Planning sample: either a redacted research plan or discussion guide
- Presenting sample: either a redacted findings deck or a case study from a portfolio
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world’s ability to create and communicate. We’re a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe’s three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, cultural background or religious beliefs. We know that when our employees feel appreciated and included, they can be more creative, innovative and successful. This is what it means to be Adobe For All.
Adobe is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
When you join Adobe, you can look forward to collaborating with the most genuine people in the industry, working on projects with real purpose, and having immense pride in the products we create and the customers we support. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
Come create experiences that matter at a company that is recognized around the world and hear what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog.