On the Design Research & Strategy team, our mission is to lay a user-centered and data-driven foundation for Adobe product design and development. We are seeking a Senior Experience Researcher to partner with Product Managers and Designers on a horizontal initiative related to our Creative Cloud Services and some of our core point products (Ps, Ai, Id, etc.). In this role, you will drive research from initial early explorations through to shipping product. Your research will directly impact customer engagement and retention by understand how customers explore what’s in their plan, learn new apps and creative domains, and get help when they are blocked.
This is a role for a full-time employee based out of San Francisco, Seattle, NYC, or Austin. Preferred start date in November.
What you’ll be working on
- Assess a project’s scope, determine appropriate research questions, and identify appropriate qualitative research methods (developing new ones as needed).
- Run research studies from start to finish, including; developing a realistic research plan and materials, recruiting participants, and synthesizing data into findings.
- Advocate for the customer by articulating research findings and product ideas through clear and insightful presentations.
- Engage with different roles across the company and product teams to understand and influence business goals, system architecture, and product designs.
- Present work in group-wide or company-wide forums (e.g., brown bags, tech summit, MAX, KTB, etc.).
- Build alliances across the company to identify new partners, drive collaboration, and deeply understand the business context of research problems.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Significant hands-on research experience, with at least 3 years of that experience as a Researcher in an industry setting (UX Research, Market Research, consulting, dedicated research internships, etc.). Unfortunately, experience as a Designer does not count towards this requirement.
- An undergraduate degree from a 4-year, accredited institution.
- Able to handle areas (user/product/domain) that may be ambiguous or ill-defined.
- Proven ability to use multiple qualitative research methods and are able to explain the rationale for using each one.
- Awareness of UX industry trends, incorporating new research techniques when appropriate.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- An understanding of the product life cycle and ability to time research to have maximum impact.
- Can collaborate effectively across all project roles (design, research, product management, engineering, etc
- Don’t just summarize study data, but go one step further to identify meaningful user needs and/or product issues.
- Can proactively identify and communicate clear product solutions based on these findings, sometimes across organizational departments.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, sometimes in various ways to meet the needs of different recipients (written reports, user profiles, scenarios, etc.).
- Experience presenting work at the management, director, and VP levels.
Nice to haves:
- Quantitative research skills like; survey writing and analysis, tree testing, first click analysis, etc.
- An advanced degree in psychology, anthropology, data science, or a related field.
- Familiarity with or interest in Adobe’s creative (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) tools.
Why you’ll love working here
- Collaborate with and learn from other researchers from a wide range of backgrounds; Psychology, Anthropology, HCI, Computer Science, Design and Management, Linguistics, and more.
- At Adobe, we value the differences in others’ stories and ideas— You’ll be able to bring your authentic self to work every day
- We offer a competitive benefits package including; unlimited vacation days, 401k matching, educational reimbursement, wellness dollars, fertility benefits, parental leave, childcare assistance, gender reassignment benefits, and more!
How to Apply
To be considered for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, recent research work samples (e.g., redacted research plan, discussion guide, and/or final insights report) and an introduction. Please indicate which role you are applying to.
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world’s ability to create and communicate. We’re a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe’s three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, cultural background or religious beliefs. We know that when our employees feel appreciated and included, they can be more creative, innovative and successful. This is what it means to be Adobe For All.
Adobe is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
When you join Adobe, you can look forward to collaborating with the most genuine people in the industry, working on projects with real purpose, and having immense pride in the products we create and the customers we support. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
Come create experiences that matter at a company that is recognized around the world and hear what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog.