Are you insatiably curious about creativity, commerce, and culture? Are you dedicated to uncovering the truths about human behavior? McCann Truth Central, the global thought leadership unit of McCann Worldgroup, are looking for a talented, self-starter to join our team to manage a multi-pronged research program that spans proprietary thought leadership projects and client commissioned research activities.
The Senior Research Executive will be a critical member of both McCann Worldgroup Truth Central and Human Sciences teams. Not only will you assist with research design, conduct, and reporting but also uncover consumer insights and help formulate recommendations for brands. You will be involved in every step of the research process from fieldwork through to analysis and client workshops. Ultimately, you will need to have and develop the following skillset:
- Project Management: Manage projects and multiple work streams to contribute to the production of local, regional, and global thought leadership content and events.
- Relationship builder: Build and facilitate relationships with internal groups across McCann Worldgroup to better understand key roles and functions within a creative agency; be point of contact for McCann Worldgroup new business and growth teams for consumer research and analysis
- Accomplished strategist: Develop best-in-class research and strategy skills by supplying real consumer truths (plus insights and data) to accounts teams and the new business team
- Truth Central coordinator: Liaise with local teams in markets globally to leverage market expertise, gather qualitative research, and build relationships for future research projects
- Brand ambassador: Support Truth Central by contributing to social media, website content, newsletter, and other external communication outlets
Our ideal candidate is someone who is….
- Incredibly organised
- Has a strong work ethic, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Is a self-motivated individual and able to grow into additional responsibilities
- Great communicator and able to work across, communicate with and updated multiple stake holders
- Able to manage and deliver projects with multiple outputs to tight deadlines
- Has excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Is proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
- Has an insatiable appetite for the latest trends in technology and society and an abiding interest in the truths of human behaviour
- Is tech savvy and familiar with a range of tech platforms (including but not limited to Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, BeReal, etc.)
- Enjoys storytelling and has interesting experiences to share
- Minimum 2-3 years professional experience
- Excellent writing skills.
- Background in a human science field (e.g., psychology, anthropology, sociology, human geography, linguistics)
- Previous work or internship experience in management consulting, marketing strategy, marketing communication, or research (preferred, but not necessary)
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Keynote, and PM digital tools
- Knowledge of one or more statistical packages like SPSS or SAS
- Social listening and search tools
- Academic publishing and/or writing
About McCann Worldgroup
McCann Worldgroup, part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG), is a leading global marketing services company with 24,000 employees in more than 100 countries, comprising McCann (advertising), MRM//McCann (digital marketing/relationship management), Momentum Worldwide (total brand experience), CRAFT (global adaptation and production), UM (media management), Weber Shandwick (public relations), FutureBrand (consulting/design), ChaseDesign (shopper marketing) and PMK-BNC (entertainment/brand/popular culture).
About McCann Truth Central
Truth Central conducts global consumer research and uses those insights to advise some of the best brands on the planet including Coca-Cola, L’Oreal, Nestlé, and MasterCard. To date, our studies have been viewed by many thousands of people online and have been featured in numerous leading-edge publications including Forbes, Huffington Post, The Independent, BBC, and TIME magazine. We bring our studies to life in innovative and creative ways including photojournalism, books, documentary film, animation and through social experiments. Our studies have been presented at conferences all over the globe. Truth Central is part of McCann Worldgroup, one of the world’s leading marketing networks.