MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Our Research team helps the company understand the people we’re designing for, what motivates them, and where our apps fit into their lifestyles and workflows. We use surveys, interviews, onsite visits, usability tests, and other methods to study people, products, and the marketplace to understand the context in which MailChimp lives. Our research plays a vital role in prioritizing product decisions, guiding feature development, and designing the customer experience.
We’re looking for a passionate, user experience-focused individual to join our team as a Senior Researcher. An ideal candidate is nimble, listens hard, observes everything, and can balance just-in-time research with long-term research efforts. They should be an experienced researcher who’s comfortable working solo, is adept at working as a dedicated member of a cross-functional team, and collaborates effectively with MailChimp’s Product Management, Marketing, and Design teams, among other departments. They must be a highly skilled communicator—a deft interviewer, excellent writer, and diplomatic colleague.
- Work collaboratively on cross-functional software teams alongside Design, Development, QA, Marketing, and other disciplines to provide research that supports the objectives of the product and needs of the MailChimp small business customer
- Apply appropriate strategic and tactical UX research methods to uncover insights (including, but not limited to in-depth interviews, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, card sorting, cognitive walkthroughs, concept testing, and competitive analysis)
- Lead research projects independently or in collaboration with 1-2 other researchers
- Communicate research findings and insights to product teams and leadership in clear, concise and compelling ways (through reports, presentations, casual conversations, cross-functional team meetings, internal newsletters, emails, etc.)
- Produce research deliverables (reports, presentation decks, etc.) that require minimal editing before they’re ready to share
- Extensive experience leading research activities employing a variety of UX research methodologies
- Proficiency in survey design, discussion guide writing, interview moderating, and data analysis (qualitative and quantitative)
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to tailor the message to various audiences (product teams, product managers, fellow researchers, leadership, etc.)
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate research findings into actions and recommendations, while considering company and product goals
- Experience in an Agile software environment
- Experience with mobile products
- Experience with digital marketing products
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to think at a systems level and connect the dots between individual work streams
- Experience with mentoring others
- Bonus Points:
- Experience/knowledge of e-commerce
- Experience with remote research tools
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.