“The only true voyage of discovery ... (would be) to possess other eyes, to behold the universe through the eyes of another” - Marcel Proust, French Novelist
The Product team at Sonos is seeking a curious and resourceful User Researcher to work closely with hardware and software leaders, engineers and designers and help them understand the world “through the eyes of another.”
Every day, more people around the globe are embracing Sonos experiences. Sonos is growing and so is our need for actionable, coherent user research. In an effort to support an increasing number of software product efforts, we are looking to hire a Senior User Researcher in our Santa Barbara, California office to shape and execute research, inspired by business priorities and product timelines.
This role is located in Santa Barbara, CA and you will spend approximately 10-15% of your time in other Sonos offices, including Seattle, WA and Boston, MA.
- Gather and prioritize key questions from the product team to help define, plan, and execute the research from concept testing through the evaluative phase.
- Partner with Product Managers, User Experience, Industrial Designers, Data Analysts and the Beta team to plan and ensure the research is impacting product decisions.
- Based on research insights, build and document fundamental knowledge of the Sonos software experience to create product design principles.
- Bring together the world of qualitative and quantitative data to provide a holistic view of the problem and tell a cohesive user story.
- Coach designers and product managers in conducting their own research projects.
Be an advocate for the Sonos customer and product research.
- 5+ years of experience conducting, presenting and leading user research projects at an agency, in-house or both for technology companies, consumer hardware and/or mobile software products and systems.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating expertise in multiple research methods applied to varying goals and outcomes.
- Experience executing research in agile software development with an understanding of how design research fits in an agile framework.
- Excellent communication skills with a special focus on creative ways to tell the story of research insights and projects in a memorable and engaging style.
- Comfortable with multitasking and adapting to an ever-evolving, energetic environment and collaborating with teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Masters or PhD in technology, design or in a field of human behavior is preferred.