How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative technology? The Emerging Devices team, within Amazon Devices (Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. We solve significant customer problems in the consumer electronics space through devices, mobile applications, cloud services (AWS), computer vision, and machine learning
Our Emerging Devices team is looking for a seasoned Senior User Researcher to build a foundation for a new family of products from the ground up. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. You will learn about our users through rigorous research methods, and work with designers, product, marketing and development teams to drive great user experiences. In this role, you will be responsible for driving and implementing a research strategy - possibly inventing some new research techniques along the way.
This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction as well as the capacity to work quickly while delivering high-quality results. You will work on overlapping projects, so strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task are critical. The ideal candidate, will have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, but also have a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach, and is interested in pushing the boundaries of agile research. You are a passionate researcher with uncanny observational and analytical skills and a relentless determination to do what is right for our customers.
· Translating data into insight, strategy, and design direction
· Distilling project goals and research questions into well thought-out research plans
· Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals and risks
· Identify best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing
· Conduct user research with rigor while ensuring participant comfort
· 7+ years proven success leading User Research projects with demonstrated impact
· 5+ years of end-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
· 5+ years of hands-on experience with: field research, ethnography, lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, and survey design
· Bachelor's degree
· BS or MS in Social/Human Sciences, Design, or Engineering
· Research experience from a complex technical field.
· Full-cycle data analysis, including extracting data from SQL and other relevant resources and presenting compelling visualizations
· Familiarity with internet-development technologies and tools
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
· Eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of research
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age