User Experience Research is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be obsessed with our customers, bringing their point of view to the innovation, design and implementation of our products. We work ceaselessly to understand consumer attitudes, goals and behaviors so that we can create the most delightful and innovative experiences for them. We focus on learning "why" people do the things they do when interacting with Audible. We strategize so that we apply the right research at the right time for the right problems. Our research informs and empowers our product and design teams to create the best and most delightful experiences for our customers.
The UX Research team is searching for a passionate Senior User Experience Researcher to join our growing team here at Audible.
You’re passionate about applying human centered thinking and consider yourself a Research Strategist, in that you apply human centered thinking to find, collect and generate the right research evidence at the right time to strongly influence product design decisions.
You may not be a Design Strategist, but you understand Design Thinking and how it applies to innovative product design, and how and why product decisions are made.
You understand that innovation is about problem solving so you naturally analyze situations, identify existing or potential opportunities/problems and recommend solutions.
You keep your eye on big picture problems and bring together design and product using research plans that drive innovative product design.
You’re skilled in both qualitative and quantitative methods, balancing the need to empathize with our consumers with the need to deeply understand their behaviors.
You’re a detail obsessed and highly organized person when it comes to designing user research studies but do not lose sight of the big picture when it comes to analysis and drawing relevant and meaningful insights that drive innovative design.
You are a great storyteller; able to confidently and creatively communicate research insights in ways that influence product and design decisions at multiple levels of leadership.
You ache to share your knowledge, collaboratively leading product and design teams in how to do basic research with you, so that we come to product and design decisions together as a team.
You’re a born collaborator, eager to work side-by-side with high performing multidisciplinary designers, product managers and engineers (across Audible and Amazon) exploring the limits of audio content discovery, subscription and consumption experiences.
- Work alongside product and design to create strategic frameworks, typologies, personas and full research plans that guide product and design teams throughout the product lifecycle.
- Align well thought-out research plans with our product roadmap.
- Develop and implement user-centered research throughout the design and development cycle (from discovery to delivery) using a variety of methodologies including: ethnographic interviews, ethnography, contextual inquiry, diary studies, concept testing, benchmarking/competitive analysis, usability, persona/profile creation and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Define, track and report key user experience metrics.
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create actionable insights and recommendations.
- Deliver high quality user research solutions in an environment with frequently shifting priorities and new market opportunities.
- Continually monitor research, data and trends from secondary research sources (both internal and external) such as academic research and industry reports to inform and improve our research methods and methodology.
- Contribute to the design systems and best practices that facilitate a growing team’s work.
- Leverage remote research tools such as usertesting.com, UserZoom and dscout.
- Be comfortable conducting research in various consumer environments (home, office, etc) and also in lab settings.
- Be a strong and vocal user advocate.
- At least 3 years of user-centered design research experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science, Computer Science, HCI, Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Cognitive Psychology, Design Strategy or Research Strategy.
- 5+ years of research and analysis experience
- 3+ years of experience working on consumer and mobile products
- 3+ years of ethnographic research
- 5 years of experience with Human Computer Interaction
- 3+ years of experience with Design Thinking
- 5+ years of experience of full-life cycle research and inspection methods which occur from ethnography all the way to statistically based user testing
- Master’s or PhD degree in Behavioral Science, Computer Science, HCI, Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Design or Research Strategy or Cognitive PsychologyAmazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation