At BMC Software, you will be a part of a fast-paced UX team that is tasked with transforming the experience of enterprise software used to support some of the biggest companies in the world. Our UX researchers have the unique role of identifying opportunities that guide and inspire project strategy in highly complex and critical systems to deliver exceptional and effective experiences. They also help to ensure that there is a user centered focus at all phases of product/technology design.
- enterprise software used by Fortune 500 companies on a global scale!
- BMC is a global leader in innovation software solutions!
- We build design solutions integrating emerging technologies and disciplines, like Cognitive Services, Internet of Things, Cloud-based solutions, and mobile/responsive!
- We are a large company with a startup feel!
- We are named by Gartner as a leader for IT Service Management for the fourth year in a row, noting improvements in usability and innovation ahead of other vendors in the market!
What you will be doing?
- Independently lead the research effort for projects and conduct research
- Work closely with project team members to understand and identify research needs
- Identify best research methods that match project needs, timelines, and resources
- Apply ethnographic research methods to learn about user motivations, goals, needs, perceptions, attitudes, and behaviors, such as field/remote observations and contextual inquiries
- h UX designers and product managers.
- Efficiently and effectively translate complex research data into meaningful and consumable insights to a lay audience
- Effectively communicate and illustrate research findings to teams and individuals to drive ideation
- MS degree in anthropology, cognitive psychology, HCI, Human Factors, ergonomics, sociology, or related discipline
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong ethnographic (observational) research and data analytical skills
- Fearless when it comes applying UX research to unfamiliar and complex domains
- Passionate, creative, open-minded, persistent and highly-collaborative mindset
- Work independently without assistance in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solver
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.