Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Senior Design Researcher on the Customer Experience team, you are responsible for working collaboratively with a team of versatile researchers, strategists, and designers to develop end-to-end customer experiences and services by distilling insights created from customer research. You will provide analysis and synthesis of qualitative and quantitative data to make design recommendations that will inform the creation of new services and the evolution of existing products and services at Premera.
What you’ll do
- Plan, manage, and communicate design projects from research to design
- Identify, select, and form the right team(s) to effectively carry out projects
- Facilitate collection of customers, internal, and external research using variety of methods, tools, and resources
- Use research methods and processes, which include phone surveys, one-on-one sessions, ethnography, customer advisory groups, focus groups, customer prototyping and design thinking, among other tools, assisted by software
- Translate research into insights and, ultimately, design principles that optimize product and process design
- Manage relationships with stakeholders like designers, product and program managers, and senior leadership throughout the company, providing mentorship to your team
- Create ideas based on research
- Test and validate ideas internally and with customers
- Design holistic experiences with detailed process flows
What you’ll bring
- Master’s degree in human centered design or a related area or the equivalent in education and experience
- 2 years professional business experience in user experience or customer experience design and/or research
- Strong interest in working in the healthcare and/or insurance industries
- Experience conducting customer research, including ethnography, interviews, and focus groups
- Experience in applying design thinking to developing experiences and products
- Demonstrated process and project management skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (including verbal, written, and visual). Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
- Experience in interpreting customer insights, process analysis, business analysis, process mapping, and process improvement capabilities
- Ability to work directly with customers and partners in a sensitive and brand-appropriate way