About the team...
As our Product Design team continues to grow in size and influence, our design research needs grow as well. We are currently expanding our practice to ensure we employ rigorous quantitative methods alongside our qualitative methods. We are passionate about understanding human behavior, perceptions, and motivations and translating that into insights that inform product innovation and create customer value.
In this role you will…
- Define and measure UX goals and success metrics (both qual and quant) over time.
- Execute recurring baseline testing of the product experience.
- Gain insights about the intent of people’s product usage through patterns in the data collected.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify opportunities for qualitative research to explore the “whys”.
- Verify and generalize qualitative insights.
- Perform simultaneous insights extraction (from both qual and quant data).
- Mentor others team members on how to apply a mixed methods approach.
- Build a strong partnership and processes of working with the Data Science team.
Skills you have…
- Experience identifying key research questions and objectives in partnership with product, design and engineering teams to define and deliver the research roadmap.
- Experience defining and executing mixed-methods research plans, in order to combine insights from both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience conducting baseline (or benchmark) testing of product experiences and measuring the quality of the experience.
- Previous examples that illustrate leveraging a wide variety of quantitative research methodologies to understand user behavior and extract meaningful patterns from large data sets.
- Experience with or a willingness to learn SQL. Our current data tool requires SQL queries.
- Experience with or a willingness to learn Google Analytics or another product analytics tool.
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing data and research into actionable insights that inform and inspire strategic decisions and design solutions.
- Comfortable socializing, collaborating and presenting research work and findings to multiple teams and leaders, across the organization.
As a Senior Quantitative Design Researcher at Duo:
- You love understanding why people behave the way they do and help surface questions people didn’t even know they had.
- You are an experienced research professional with a passion for creative and dynamic insights that help teams understand why and how to build better experiences.
- You have the ability to employ a variety of research methods to collect rich data that enable product and design teams to make products our customers love.
- You work closely with Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers to define thoughtful research at all stages of the product life cycle.
- You aspire to make meaningful improvements in the lives of individuals, teams, and companies who use our product every day to do their most important work.
- Ultimately, you are driven to be an influential partner in helping Duo deliver on its vision to make security an easy and trustworthy experience for all.
To apply, visit our the original job listing: https://jobs.cisco.com/jobs/ProjectDetail/Senior-Design-Researcher-Quant-Focus-Duo-Security/1304614