Sr. Quantitative UX Researcher
UX Lab is the advanced concept design team within Amazon Device and Services Design Group. Our mandate is to investigate, create, and share experiences that flow out to Amazon product teams. We’re a think/make environment, driven to answer the why and how customers experience products or services. Working with Amazon business and technology partners, we use design and prototyping practices to guide early product development, bring greater clarity to engineering goals, and develop a UX-grounded point of view.
UX Lab is looking for an experienced quantitative UX researcher to help us gather and communicate key insights that guide the product development process. The quantitative UX researcher will use surveys, behavioral metrics, and market research, among other methods, to answer early product concept questions, deliver actionable results and recommendations to our internal partners, and work closely with the design team on iterative research programs.
· Advise partners and team members on quantitative and mixed-method research opportunities and best practices at various stages of the product concept process.
· Effectively communicate customer insights to diverse audiences through writing and presentations; represent user research in product discussions.
· Manage your own process: Identify and execute on high-impact projects, triage external requests, and bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful.
· 8+ years leading strategic quantitative user research projects.
· Experience with survey design, data validation, and response effects.
· Experience with behavioral analytics experiment design, including sampling approaches, statistical testing, modeling, and data mining techniques.
· Experience independently designing and running original experimental research on digital products and services.
· Experience working as part of a multi-method team, where quantitative insights inform qualitative studies and vice versa.
· Proficiency with survey creation and remote testing platforms (such as Qualtrics or UserZoom).
· Skill in data visualization, statistical analysis (SPSS, R or similar), and data manipulation (e.g., SQL).
· A portfolio of past quantitative UX research work experience.
· Master’s degree in a relevant quantitative field, such as human-computer interaction (HCI), computer science, psychology, or statistics, or equivalent professional experience.
· Proven track record for close team collaboration and influencing outcomes with a well-informed direction.
· Finely tuned analytical skills. You pinpoint the important information within a sea of data.
· Demonstrated skill and creativity for selecting the right mix of methods to provide actionable insights to research questions and business goals, and the capacity to invent new methods when the right method does not exist.
· Some experience in qualitative research methodologies such as in-lab concept testing or ethnographic interviewing.
· Excellent communications skills. You are accomplished at conveying complex concepts clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
· Previous experience in an incubation environment or on "v1" products or services.
· Experience with consumer software and hardware products.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records