The Research & Intelligence (R&I) team is accountable for discovering, predicting, and describing user need, behavior & response by developing insights for our partners across the Experience and Devices organization.
This role in Research & Intelligence is focused on delivering insights for the Windows Engagement (WE) team. We ensure customers on the Windows platforms and form factors are happy and engaged. In this role you will help stakeholders understand user needs across the Windows device family and create and activate frameworks to help drive a human-centered strategy. In this position, you must excel in understanding the needs, wants, and desires of our customers to help WE increase user engagement, conversion and satisfaction and drive measurable empathy with stakeholders.
You will be primarily responsible for: 1. Generating actionable user research insights to help stakeholder teams drive better decision making. 2. Providing consultation to engineering and development partners in framing their business and customer questions and develop an appropriate analytical plan. 3. Proactively and routinely sharing fact-based, forward-thinking customer insights. 4. Providing thought leadership by identifying and recommending research methods or analytical approaches that address short and long-term business objectives. 5. Executing research, analyzing, and presenting insights to ensure a holistic understanding of the user and their habits and motivations. 6. Creating and activating data driven tools and frameworks to help other researchers and engineering stakeholders make customer-centered decisions. 7. Contributing to building a world-class research organization.
This position demands an individual that is organized, detail-oriented and results-driven. Strategic thinking and creativity will be critical, as well as a strong understanding of user research methodologies and accompanying theoretical frameworks.
- At least 8-10 years industry experience conducting user research and effectively partnering with development teams to improve the user experience based on research results.
- Experience with methods for driving empathy through research and activation.
- Strong project management, organization, and planning skills with an attention to detail.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in customer interaction and management.
- Demonstrated experience working across and influencing many different teams and disciplines.
- A working knowledge of research methods including experimental design, data analyses, and data synthesis.
- Skills and interest in research experimentation and finding new and creative ways to generate, visualize, and measure research data.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze research data, create results presentations, and deliver them to product teams.
- Highly polished visual, written, and verbal presentation skills are required.
- An advanced degree, PhD preferred, in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology or related field.
- Experience with online data tools and/or telemetry/instrumented data analysis, particularly in application to design iteration.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.