About the job
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing product strategy team at Propel Ventures.
What you’ll do
- Work with our Strategists, Tech Leads and Product Managers from early product discovery through to execution
- Roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty in all design related activities - including customer research, workshop facilitation, sketching and rapid prototyping
- Use research to learn, understand and then communicate somebody else’s world view in order to craft impactful products and experiences
- Rapidly capture and communicate customer insights visually - creating supporting artefacts such as Customer Journey Maps, Service Blueprints and User Flows
- Communicate and get consensus for your ideas with client stakeholders, developers and managers at the appropriate fidelity and confidently facilitate collaboration between these disciplines
- Work collaboratively within cross-functional teams to ensure holistic and consistent design solutions
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for delivering products that add customer value and make a difference
- Your design research and discovery toolkit includes methods and principles from Human Centered Design, Design Thinking & Systems Thinking
- Ability to rapidly identify customer needs and pain points, equally comfortable with the ambiguity of the problem space and the pragmatic needs of product design and delivery
- Ability to self manage time and effort between different projects in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and interest in helping grow our design practice and capabilities as a design evangelist within a rapidly growing organisation
At Propel we are looking for talented people, and we know they come in all shapes and sizes! We don’t believe in unicorns, but if you have any of these skills that would be a bonus.
- Visual communications/ design, product or integration design, digital design experience
- Working experience in a collaborative agile environment
- Great company culture with a real focus on staying connected while working remotely during COVID
- Well set up to work from home during Covid and long term
- Friendly team atmosphere with supportive environment
- Great career growth and development opportunities
- Working with well known reputable clients
- Easily accessed, iconic Richmond building near Bridge Rd shopping strip
- Healthy snacks and proper coffee provided
- Competitive salary package
If this sounds like you, reach out!
Propel Ventures is a fast growing company based in an iconic Richmond building and recently recognised as a Great Place to Work. We partner with well-known organisations to capture product market opportunities faster.
For the last year the team have been successfully working remotely, so although our office has re-opened, every Propel Ventures team member will have the choice to work from the office or from home and we plan to make the office safe and fun so you will want to get out of the PJ’s at least a few times per week. This means we are also opening up our roles beyond Melbourne to anywhere in Australia.
We have a track record of developing winning applications through a deep customer-centric and agile approach. Our engineers are fully involved in the design and development decision-making, helping to shape the solution.
Propel cares about its culture and people. We provide a safe, inclusive environment where we trust our team to get the job done. We are a learning organisation so you’ll have the opportunity to learn, grow and make a big impact by building great products for reputable brands.