Nielsen is looking for Data Science Interns to join our summer internship program. Data Science is core to what Nielsen does, and our projects have high visibility in directly affecting the results of our business and our clients.
WHO ARE WE?
Nielsen Global Media is the world leader in media measurement for brand advertising on TV, Radio, and Digital. Nielsen is not just a TV ratings company anymore. We have evolved into the leading media data technology company. We help the biggest names out there, from Amazon, Google, and Sony to the hottest new contenders. From Hollywood to Bollywood, Streaming to Broadcast, and Gaming to Sports, everything we do revolves around audience and content.
We have strong strategic partnerships with Facebook, Google, Amazon, Adobe, and others setting our measurement products apart from any others in the industry.
We are hyper-focused on our ability to be an agile cutting edge organization, always looking for the next best thing when it comes to open-source software, frameworks, tools, and cloud-computing services
WHAT KIND OF DATA SCIENCE INTERN ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Joining our Data Science Internship program means you will:
Begin with an introduction to learn about our strategies, products and systems, as well as an overview of our data science community.
Dive head-first and gain hands-on experience creating innovative solutions that make a difference for our customers, clients and employees.
LOCATIONS YOU MAY JOIN: New York Metro, NY; Chicago, IL; Columbia, MD; Oldsmar, FL
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If you’re ready to put your passion for data science to work in a way that makes a real difference, you’ll find your place in our Internship program.
Key skills include:
- Education background in Behavioral/Social Sciences field such as Survey Methodology, Statistics/Sampling, Psychology, Sociology or a related field, Graduate and PHd level preferred
- Foundational knowledge of qualitative research, A/B testing, UX research, and design.
- Relevant internship experience and/or leadership in school or community organizations
- A well-rounded academic background with a preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Open-minded and excited to learn and grow technology skills
- Ridiculous attention to detail and pride in the work you do
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment