Avail is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We provide a safe and easy experience for both owners and borrowers to list and book vehicles across multiple concepts: travelers coming in and out of major airports, sharing with neighbors, and as an affordable alternative during insurance claims.
Avail gives car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want. We have locations in Denver, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Houston, Dallas, Baltimore, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, and Austin, with more locations coming soon. The Research team’s aim is to empower Avail to make high quality decisions backed by a rich understanding of our users. As a researcher, you are embedded in a team of designers, PMs, engineers and other cross-functional partners. You will be responsible for all stages of planning and conducting multi-method research to shape touch points in our customers’ experience. This role provides support to UX, product, and business teams, from discovery through iterative design, implementation and beyond.
What You’ll Do
- Be a champion for our customers across all internal conversations and initiatives to ensure we are solving for the right needs
- Actively bring stakeholders from all levels into the research process to build empathy for user needs and become better customer advocates.
- Plan, recruit, execute, and analyze using a variety of methods whether it be interviews, log analysis, usability studies, diary studies, ethnographic observation, or surveys.
- Play a key role as part of an agile cross-functional teams through the entire product development lifecycle to support product discovery initiatives, refining solutions, and identify continuous improvement opportunities to drive impact.
- Plan & facilitate workshops and design sessions with cross-functional teams to drive alignment and positive outcomes.
- Enhance the processes, practices, and tools of the research team to increase the quality & efficiency of our work.
We’re Looking For Someone Who
- Looks for and surfaces problems to solve
- Prioritizes which questions or topics to focus on
- Executes on a variety of research methods
- Communicates effectively, incorporates storytelling techniques, and leverages tools such as customer journey maps to drive alignment
- Measures impact of research and familiarity with UX metrics
- Takes initiative and speaks up to seek support as necessary
- Finds ways to improve skillset and coach others
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, cross regional, diverse, and dynamic work environment
Education And Experience
- 3+ years of industry experience within a research function
- Experience coordinating and directing research end-to-end study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting
- Demonstrated experience planning and selecting the optimal research method for a given project
- Expertise in various research methods, product and/or service design, and strong analytical ability
- Prior experience in ecommerce or two-sided marketplaces
- Four year degree, Master’s preferred, in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Design or related field, or equivalent practical experience
Bonus Skills And Experience
- Quantitative data collection & analysis
- Behavioral design techniques
- Early stage prototyping
- Shipping products at startups