Intel’s mission is to create world-changing technology that enriches the lives of every person on earth. We stand at the brink of several technology inflections—AI, 5G network transformation, and the rise of the intelligent edge—that, together, will shape the future of technology. Silicon and software are at the core of these inflections, and Intel is at the center of it all. We create, innovate, and push the boundaries of technology.
At Intel we are fearless, bold, and innovative. We are inclusive and strive to build a culture of belonging. We are customer obsessed – our customers’ success is our success. We have a One Intel philosophy – we appreciate, respect, and trust each other. We value truth and transparency, and are committed to being open, honest, and ethical. And we are committed to quality – to high quality work and a safe workplace.
About the Research and Experience Definition (RED) Team:
The Research and Experience Definition (RED) team in the Client Platform and Silicon Architecture (CPSA) group, within the Client Computing Group (CCG) at Intel, drives an outside-in approach to platform architecture by gaining a deep understanding of how people use technology in order to create products that fit into, and improve people’s lives.
RED (Research and Experience Definition) is seeking a User Experience Researcher to be the voice of the user working alongside user experience designers and silicon architects to develop and drive new use cases that will significantly impact business by contributing to the shape and direction of Intel platforms.
In this position you will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of UX designers, researchers, silicon architects and developers to explore, create and refine ways in which our customers connect, manage, and use our devices every day. You will contribute to the product roadmap, drive future concepts, and deliver improvements to Intel’s computing platforms.
Collaboration is essential, requiring you to be a great communicator who successfully presents information and aligns with the System Experience Architecture (SEA), Domain, and Platform architectural teams, as well as with key business units. Additionally, you must be comfortable working with a high level of ambiguity in a complex field
In this position you will conduct and share formative and evaluative research insights with architectural and business teams. You will develop and execute a strategic program of research working with cross-functional teams of UX definition designers, researchers, product managers, business leaders and architectural engineers to explore, create and refine the ways people will experience our platforms. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of a variety of user research methods and best practices. That candidate will also have a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach to work, and will be interested in pushing the boundaries of ￼foundational UX research￼. The ideal candidate is a passionate researcher with exceptional observational and analytical skills who is committed to doing what is right for users.
Research activities could include:
- Contextual inquiry
- Survey design
- Diary studies
- Concept testing
- Usability testing
In RED, we care about your career growth. Once you join the team, you will work with your manager to craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore the company, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our research puts people first, and our work group reflects that approach
Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; an ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
- A desire to quickly get up to speed on technically complex systems, while still maintaining a human-centered research approach.
- The ability to self-organize, self-motivate, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality.
- The ability to work with ambiguity, show strong decision-making skills and exhibit best practices
- A strong desire to work closely with cross functional teams while amplifying the impact and value of user research.
- The ability to build a research roadmap and to communicate and refresh it on a regular basis to ensure relevancy.
- The ability to identify best methods based on research questions, timelines and resourcing.
- 3+ years proven success driving User Experience Research projects with demonstrated impact.
- 3+ years of end-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design to reporting)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with field research, ethnography, social media analytics or market research.
- Master’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Computational Social Science, Anthropology, Human Centered Design, or similar field.
- 6+ years of experience performing research in a corporate setting
- 6+ years of experience working with external research agencies
- 6+ years of experience working with teams that include diverse skillsets (design, research, engineering, etc)
Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR
Additional Locations: Santa Clara, CA