The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through technology, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing world-class engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands how to address our society’s challenges better than those who live them everyday. These partners help us identify problems and opportunities, learn fast and iterate toward our audacious goals for the next century. We strive to be humble, empathetic and scrappy life-long learners who work collaboratively to develop community-centered solutions.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
We are looking for a Senior User Experience (UX) Researcher to join the Justice & Opportunity Initiative. Today, the Justice & Opportunity Team supports organizations and partners working in four programmatic areas: Criminal Justice Reform, Economic Opportunity, Housing Affordability, and Immigration Reform.
As a young team, we certainly know we don’t have all the answers or even all the questions to ask! As an experienced UX Researcher, you will help establish the user research culture and practices of the justice & opportunity initiative. You will lead the design, execution, analysis, and reporting of mixed-methods research studies.
At this early stage, it is essential that the justice & opportunity team hires an experienced UX Researcher to help conduct exploratory and generative discovery research. This formative research work will help define what problems we want to design technology solutions for. It will create the exploratory framework that then shapes the team’s approach to building tools to support the movements, communities, leaders, and organizations that align with our programmatic focus areas. We need your skills as a senior UX Researcher to not only help us understand people’s motivations, needs, pain points, desires, expectations, and obstacles, but also to help us uncover the opportunities for technology to make a meaningful impact.
Your generative research insights will help to clarify the problem space, however, you will also lead the evaluative user research efforts to help us assess the usability, desirability, and performance of the technology solutions we build.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teammates not only in the technology team, but also with cross-functional teammates in non-technical teams and with external partners.
The position is full-time and based in our Palo Alto headquarters.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to translate their curiosities into actionable research questions
- Design mixed-methods studies to help the team learn about attitudes and behaviors in complex social systems (e.g. the criminal justice system)
- Conduct generative research to identify high impact problems
- Iteratively evaluate concepts, designs, and products
- Involve the team in generative and evaluative research and collaborate with them to generate ideas to address problems & opportunities identified by research
- Combine quantitative and qualitative data to develop insights or to analyze success
- Convey insights in clear, compelling, concise, and actionable ways to help the team shape & improve product strategy and design
- Participate in critique by sharing and receiving constructive feedback
- Build a library of insights over time for the organization to continually reference
- Passionate about helping shape a country that is just, inclusive, and full of opportunity for all people to thrive with dignity
- Experience conducting generative and evaluative research, leading research efforts for an end-to-end product lifecycle
- Experience in selecting and executing qualitative methods: interviews, ethnography, contextual inquiry, focus groups, diary studies, and concept/usability evaluation
- Experience in selecting and executing quantitative methods: surveys, statistical analysis, and experimentation
- Demonstrated ability to identify new product opportunities by connecting people, problems, analytics and organizational goals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate research insights to cross-functional teams and leadership in a way that promotes impact on product strategy, design, and development
- Willingness to occasionally travel to conduct in-context research
- Enthusiasm to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment with high-growth and ambiguity
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving and ability to prioritize
- Strong background and experience in human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, or a related field
- 7+ years experience in applied product research
- 2+ years experience mentoring (or managing) individuals contributors within product research