Would you like to do impactful work to help define the future of datacenter, cloud and edge computing, and sustainability? Are you motivated by representing the voice of the customer to product development teams defining the frontier of computing technology, inspiring them to develop creative solutions to the problems of future users? Join our team in Intel's Datacenter and AI group as we define the Data Platform of the Future as a User Experience Researcher (Technical):
At Intel, the Data Center and Artificial Intelligence Group (DCAI) develops workload-optimized platforms to enable the world to unleash the potential of data. We serve the global appetite for sustainable cloud computing and enable digital transformation from edge to cloud.
As a User Experience Researcher (Technical) you will be responsible, but not limited to:
- Plan and execute impactful user research to understand business user needs and pain points across cloud, edge, and enterprise customers
- Develop these insights through your knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies including structured interviews, surveys, and data analytics
- Advocate the "voice of the user" to our internal strategic planning and technical peers through user segmentation and persona development, user stories, journey mapping, requirements documentation, and innovation workshops
- Articulately represent findings, recommendations and drive decisions highly technical product development teams and management
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Be self-motivated, energetic, and a team player. Positive and resilient attitude
- Be highly curious and driven to test conventional wisdom and promote empirically-driven decision-making
- Possess strong influencing skills with a range of business partners. Excellent written/verbal English communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to work with teams that include diverse skillsets (design, research, engineering, etc.)
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Market Research, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science with a Human Computer Interaction (HCI) minor, Cognitive Psychology, or related field.
4+ years of experience in the following:
- Documenting research into UX artifacts and requirements (e.g. personas, requirements documentation etc.)
- Driving research projects with demonstrated impact
- Working with engineering or design teams on innovative products
2+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Working with commercial end users, IT decision makers, or within an enterprise environment
- Business to business technology
- Cloud technology
- We are open to making this a remote work position (based in the US), but we can also make it a "hybrid" position based in SF Bay, Portland, Austin, or Boston areas.