We are constantly expanding the research team in our London HQ. Please don't be surprised if you see the same roles being advertised all year around - we’re always looking for great people!
Maintaining a user-centred company culture is something that everyone at Deliveroo cares deeply about. We’re lucky to be a company where everyone, including the CEO, gets on their bicycle to deliver food as a way to stay in touch with user needs first-hand.
At Deliveroo, research is the foundation of product decision making. User researchers help teams to ensure that our customers, riders and restaurants are well understood, and their needs carefully considered at every stage of the product development process. As a very fast growing company, we’re constantly making changes to the user experience, which means it’s never long until findings from research are put into practice!
Research at Deliveroo sits within the Content, Research and Design (CRD) team. These three disciplines work closely together in the design of our products and services. As a CRD team we spend a lot of time working together, but we also make sure we spend time having fun and getting to know each other outside of work, with regular lunches on our roof garden, team nights out, and offsites.
As a user researcher, you’ll be working as part of a multidisciplinary team to scope, carry out, and communicate research projects to your team and the wider business. You’ll be focusing on questions that are best answered through qualitative research methods, such as depth interviews, diary studies, or ethnography.
- Taking ownership of end to end project delivery - from gathering research questions and hypotheses to be tested, to planning and executing the research, to analysing and sharing your findings with the team
- Working to provide insight into both formative and evaluative research questions through qualitative research methods
- Working closely with the product team to understand research priorities and to action research findings
- Helping the business understand the needs of our users, and building empathy with them
- You have at least 3 years of industry experience, working as a user researcher in multidisciplinary product teams or in a tech company
- You have strong experience in a variety of qualitative research methods
- You have experience working on international research projects
- Ideally, you will have a Masters or PhD in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, or a related field
- Understanding/experience of quantitative research methods is a huge bonus!
- Free access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- A central London office complete with onsite gym, basketball court and a roof garden overlooking the river Thames
- An extremely fun team to work alongside, with regular team activities and offsites to get to know each other better
- A yearly learning and development budget, as well as great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Great benefits such as a pension, subsidised gym membership
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.