The Ford Global UX Team is a growing team committed to envisioning and creating simple, thoughtful, enjoyable and compelling product experiences that continually inspire our teams and customers to go further.
Our diverse Global UX Team – situated in greater Detroit, Palo Alto, London, Brazil, and Shanghai - is comprised of strategists, researchers, interaction designers, visual designers, industrial designers, motion and audio designers, prototypers, and project managers. Together our team works to understand our changing world, identify new opportunities, and take action to design and innovate for the future of mobility – Ford’s vehicles and surrounding experiences – encompassing hardware, software, and services.
In this strategic hands on role you will: Organize, Plan, and Execute experience design research activities (from generative to evaluative); collaborate and align with internal research partners.
- Work on active experience design research projects
- Collaborate with team leads and internal research partners to design research programs that will inform key projects
- Contribute to overall experience strategy and vision, develop research plans, interpreting research insights from internal partners, aligning on research questions, goals, methods, and analysis
- Deliver high-quality research (small scale internal resources to larger scale vendor deployment)
- Share trends, strategic perspectives, concepts with the Global UX team and key work partners to further develop consumer-centered strategies that align with Ford’s vision, goals, vehicles, services and markets
- Handle logistics including recruiting, protocol development, vendor management, and final reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Design Research, Anthropology, Psychology, or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/design researcher
- Master’s degree in Sociology, Design Research, Anthropology, Psychology, Kinesiology, or related field
- Experience with human centered design approaches, methods, tools
- Experience in planning and executing design research (generative and evaluative)
- Experience in understanding what insights are actionable – turning research toward development
- Experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams across all aspects of human centered design activities
- Creative problem solving and strong communication skills
- Expertise in various research methods: ethnography, co-creation, cognitive modeling, formal methods (card sorts, rank order, consensus analysis, etc), focus groups, surveys, contextual inquiry, concept testing, usability)
The distance between imagination and…creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.