2018 SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Your goal – to improve the education process and better the lives of students through interning in User Experience (UX) Design.
Organization: Product - UX Design
The User Experience team lives within Chegg’s Product organization. The UX Research Team is part of the larger UX Group. We partner with Chegg’s Product Management, Engineering and Marketing organizations to do research that informs great user experiences.
Role: UX Research Internship
We do UX Research differently at Chegg! Instead of working by yourself or jumping from project to project, you’ll be an embedded member of one of our product groups. Working directly with your Research leader and using a variety of methodologies, you’ll plan, execute, evaluate and share insights from your UX Research. You’ll work to optimize our customer’s experience and turn insights into engaging, actionable recommendations that make a difference for our customers. You definitely won’t be writing reports and filing them away on a wiki!
- Test mockups and prototypes of our products in our on-site research lab and in the Field
- Partner with UX Designers to create design solutions for our products based on customer data
- Use remote tools like UserTesting.com to get feedback on designs
- Compile and review research results and report key findings; make recommendations to Design, Product and Marketing based on those findings
- Conduct surveys of current and canceled customers; identify and explore product-related opportunities for improvement
- Engage with Chegg’s Summer College Interns frequently to gain insight into product design, user experience(s) as well as Student attitudes towards things like Tutoring.
- Currently pursuing a graduate level degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, HCI, Education, Cognitive Science or other relevant fields
- Be legally allowed to work in the US (US citizen, green card, or F1 student visa holder)
- Have the ability to intern in Santa Clara, California
- Have the ability to work for a continuous 12 weeks in the summer
- Have the ability to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements
- Familiarity with analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Adept at user-centered research methodologies
- Curious and creative; enjoy complex issues and problem solving
- Ability to facilitate the rapid iterative design process
- Ability to blend both quantitative metrics and qualitative feedback into the product design process
Learn more about the Chegg UX team!
Chegg out our intern program!
See what it’s like to be a Chegg intern!
Learn more about Chegg!
Chegg puts students first. As the leading connected learning platform, the company makes higher education more affordable, more accessible, and more successful for students. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG. For more information, visit www.chegg.com.
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
Requisition Number: 2743