Esri's 2022 internship program is open for applications!
Every summer Esri's design division, the Creative Lab, hosts a cohort of interns across UX Research, UX Design, UI design, and Graphic Design roles. These paid, 12-week internships provide opportunities for students to directly contribute to Esri's software, apps, websites, and other customer experiences.
A note on location: It’s TBD if the 2022 internship program will be remote again like it was this year or if the program will return to being based in Redlands. If you are only interested in a remote internship, please feel free to apply as that still might be an option.
- Applications Accepted: September 1–December 31, 2021 at 5:00 pm PST
- Interviews: Students selected for phone interviews will be notified by email on a rolling basis October 2021–January 1, 2022
- Internship: 12 weeks beginning in late May or June
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD program at a university in the United States; undergrads must be in junior or senior standing
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2022
- Able to complete a 12-week internship beginning in May or June 2022
Additional UX/UI and UX Research Requirements
- Holistic thinker, collaborative worker, creative problem-solver.
- Basic UX or UI design experience, such as conceptual ideation, wireframing, and prototyping.
- Familiarity with various design research methodologies, such as qualitative interviewing, usability research, ethnography, or mixed method studies.
Additional Graphic Design Requirements
- Link to portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Majoring in graphic design
- Experience in design production, quality assurance, Adobe Creative Suite, and different design collateral
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.