Blink is a rapidly growing UX research and design firm that works with great companies to create meaningful digital products, brands, and experiences. With studios in Seattle, San Diego, Boston, and Austin, Blink brings two decades of experience using our evidence-driven design process to projects for clients such as Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, and NASA. We are currently looking to hire a Senior UX Researcher to work on-site with our enterprise client in Bellevue, WA.
What You'll Bring:
- An affinity for research that leads to cohesive experiences across multiple, complex back-end services, a track record for customer advocacy, and a sensible and thorough pursuit of delivering delight in end-to-end experiences.
- A thirst for solving design and design research problems at all levels, are a strong, collaborative design professional who enjoys wearing many hats, inspires designers, and is a capable storyteller
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with product owners and development team members to shepherd end-to-end experiences
- You are curious, collaborator, communicator, and contributor
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction or Design or Fine Art or Architecture or Engineering or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 2+ years of industry design research experience
- At least 4+ years of industry experience working in user research with a proven track record of turning research findings into actionable recommendations for engineering and business stakeholders
- Experience with a broad range of research methodology (usability studies, interviews, site visits, surveys, user modeling, card sorting, etc.)
- Working knowledge of research methods including experimental design, generating research plans, defining and tracking user experience metrics, data analyses (qual and quant), data synthesis, and coordinating work on multiple products/releases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to evangelize insights, help to drive solutions and engage different stakeholders and senior leadership
- Project management skills to prioritize research needs and ensure its successful completion
- Experience with and interest in a complex space such as commercial audience, education, CRM or other business-to-business tools and applications
- An added bonus would be expertise and hands-on experience working with multiple data sets such as telemetry, sentiment, and unstructured data sets and combining them with qualitative insights to paint a holistic picture
What You'll Do:
- Design and conduct research to understand customer needs and interactions for current and future products
- Develop comprehensive research plans to drive strategic user research across product lifecycles
- Collaborate with designers to deliver outstanding experiences
- Partner with designers, program management, and other stakeholders to prioritize research
- Illustrate expertise and practice in user-centered design, including the creation of personas, scenarios.